Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #141  
Zigblazer, I lost your contact info, and am interested in one of your mods and cannot find the schematic on a search.

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #142  
The fluid used in these hydrostatic drives is engine oil. Hydro-Gear doesn't list it on the website anymore, but it's 15w40. Technically they are 'sealed', but you can drain and fill them through the top expansion vent/tanks. Here is your hydrostatic drives: Hydro-Gear ? ZT Series

Joel
Good info here, but I have a question. Are you talking about the vent on this transmission? Labeled 68? How do you drain and fill from this vent hose while its still on the mower? I'm trying to do an oil change only without extra work of removing the trans.
Transmission info: HYDRO- GEAR ZT-2200 (EZT®) ZA-AFBB-4D7B-3RJX 618-04326

1683811180521.png

/ Cub cadet RZT 50 hydrostatic transmission #143  
Good info here, but I have a question. Are you talking about the vent on this transmission? Labeled 68? How do you drain and fill from this vent hose while its still on the mower? I'm trying to do an oil change only without extra work of removing the trans.
Transmission info: HYDRO- GEAR ZT-2200 (EZT®) ZA-AFBB-4D7B-3RJX 618-04326

View attachment 799973
Update: I removed the vent hose, and then I removed the fitting labled 59 with a 17mm deep well socket iirc, and was able to suck a small amount of oil out, it was very dirty. Refilled with new oil. It's running ok so far, but didn't do a long 45min+ mow which is when it overheated last time. I just did a quick 10min test.