Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #311  
How long until the penalty is final?

One report still said tentative?

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #312  
How long until the penalty is final?

One report still said tentative?
Hmmm....I see that. I wonder if the dollar amount was just a figure of total financial outlay for cummins? That may include the costs for refunds, buybacks, repairs, etc? Maybe that is why we haven't heard more about the device and repair procedure. :unsure:

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #313  
Something tells me that the few remaining otr diesel engine manufacturers are not getting much sleep.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #314  
Directly from the CEO a few days ahead of the EPA release. This was not a case of defeat devices or programming intended to circumvent regulations:

I want to underscore that the company has not admitted any wrongdoing nor seen evidence that anyone acted in bad faith. As this resolution is finalized over the next several weeks, we expect that the government will discuss it in a way that disparages the company. This is disappointing given how diligently and collaboratively we have worked with the regulators for more than four years to resolve their questions.

From the beginning, we have cooperated fully with the relevant regulators, conducted a thorough internal review of the affected pick-up trucks and recalled many. We also expanded and strengthened our emissions compliance program by creating Product Compliance & Regulatory Affairs (PCRA), which has a reporting line into me, to help ensure our products comply with increasingly stringent emissions regulations around the world.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #315  
Directly from the CEO a few days ahead of the EPA release. This was not a case of defeat devices or programming intended to circumvent regulations:

I want to underscore that the company has not admitted any wrongdoing nor seen evidence that anyone acted in bad faith. As this resolution is finalized over the next several weeks, we expect that the government will discuss it in a way that disparages the company. This is disappointing given how diligently and collaboratively we have worked with the regulators for more than four years to resolve their questions.

From the beginning, we have cooperated fully with the relevant regulators, conducted a thorough internal review of the affected pick-up trucks and recalled many. We also expanded and strengthened our emissions compliance program by creating Product Compliance & Regulatory Affairs (PCRA), which has a reporting line into me, to help ensure our products comply with increasingly stringent emissions regulations around the world.

Whoopsie Daisies!

Sounds like the TBN “fans of Merrick” club have some splainin to do! :ROFLMAO:

Woof woof :LOL:

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #316  
Soon as I can defeat the wasteful emissions crap off of my tractor I will do it.

Somehow that $1.675 billion fine won't be eaten by Ram but by the consumers.

I wonder when passenger jets will be required to have emissions equipment? :unsure:
And cargo ships, us military equipment, cattle, and whatever else caused our last ice age to end 20000 years ago!

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #317  
So who is going to work in these new factories? Full employment and we can’t even keep a full workforce in the oil fields at $50/hour wages. Ag products are one of America’s largest exports. We shouldn’t be destroying that and the steel fabrication industry with tariffs.
Saying we have “Full employment “ really drives me crazy when only 60% of able bodied Americans participate in the workforce.

… of the civilian noninstitutional population age 16 and over who worked at some time during the year increased by 0.5 percentage point to 63.8 percent
Dec 19, 2023
Work Experience of the Population - 2022 - Bureau of Labor Statistics
1704134874175.png
Bureau of Labor Statistics (.g...

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #318  
Saying we have “Full employment “ really drives me crazy when only 60% of able bodied Americans participate in the workforce.

… of the civilian noninstitutional population age 16 and over who worked at some time during the year increased by 0.5 percentage point to 63.8 percent
Dec 19, 2023
Work Experience of the Population - 2022 - Bureau of Labor Statistics
View attachment 841942
Bureau of Labor Statistics (.g...
Full employment refers to people seeking work. There are lots of reasons why people aren’t in the workforce, some people are stay home spouses, some in school, some disabled, some are simply shiftless bums. Regardless, my comment reflected what economists refer to as full employment: where less than 4% of people seeking work are unemployed.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #319  
Full employment refers to people seeking work. There are lots of reasons why people aren’t in the workforce, some people are stay home spouses, some in school, some disabled, some are simply shiftless bums. Regardless, my comment reflected what economists refer to as full employment: where less than 4% of people seeking work are unemployed.
Yes. That is correct. I am referring to the shiftless bums. The ones I see every day asking for a hand out to buy some drugs. The ones who are so obese in the state of WV where I live that they are “disabled,” The ones that have never worked a day in their life and are on welfare with out any intention to ever get off it. You know, the “mass resignation folks” that choose to live off of government and tax payer handouts.

/ Cummins fined $1.675 Billion for gaming their diesel emissions. #320  
As an Economist, I would say this is more how unemployment is mentioned in media and in government publications. Economists look at a much broader view and the percentage of working age individuals in the workforce is one of those measurements. The published unemployment numbers have always been flawed due to the fact that discouraged workers were not factored in. It also doesn't capture underemployment.

The fact is that the country is far from the full employment numbers that are bandied about by media.

Status
Not open for further replies.