Cup holder for the Grand L

/ Cup holder for the Grand L
   / Cup holder for the Grand L #32  
Paul, have you looked at the rear view mirrors that have the back up cameras built into them? I was looking over the mirror options as I can't find the deerview mirror available anywhere anymore. It seems they don't make it anymore.

I don't know if I really need to reverse camera but since I am looking things over I figured I would consider it anyway before dismissing it.

Paul, have you looked at the rear view mirrors that have the back up cameras built into them? I was looking over the mirror options as I can't find the deerview mirror available anywhere anymore. It seems they don't make it anymore.

I don't know if I really need to reverse camera but since I am looking things over I figured I would consider it anyway before dismissing it.

Gee that's to bad you can't find one. They used to be all over the place around here a few years ago. They were an easy fix to having a rear view mirror. I'll be in the city this weekend and I'll have a look and see if there's one kicking around.
I have installed the mirrors with the camera monitor in them in vehicles. They are ok but the screen is very small and considering they are higher up in the cab of a tractor they would be even harder to make out any real detail with.

When we ordered our car last winter we ordered it with the Navigational system because it came with a large screen that also is used as the screen for the back up camera. If I didn't go that way we would have ended up with the screen in the mirror.
Another idea you could investagate is using a mirror off a golf cart. They are a nice size and are curved giving you a good wide angle. Something to think about.

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #34  
Oh come on now...you must stay up at night thinking of things to make....snow must be short up there :laughing: :laughing:

But seriously... a Chinese cup in that USA holder. Take a chunk of aluminum and manufacture your own cup at least....geesh. Always taking the easy way out :D

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #35  
Thanks for the reply, I was trying to decide if they were worth considering but I don't think it is really going to be that useful for me since the screen is going to be fairly small.

I have seen the golf cart mirrors and there are also similar mirrors designed for UTV's that would mount inside that are similarly shaped and sized. I was sitting in the cab today just looking at how much room I would have and how I would want to mount the different modifications and I think one of those mirrors would mount up fairly easy. I'm leaning towards mounting it to the top right hand side.

I also ordered a simple bottle holder that would go on a bike but that will clamp onto the 1" grab bar on the right hand door. I'm going to mount it on the high spot above the hydraulic remote levers and see how it works. I have one similar on my actual bike and it has done a good job and I don't ever have hot drinks with me, only bottles. I usually freeze my refillable plastic bottles about half full of water and just finish filling them the rest of the way in the morning when I am working on the farm. It stays cold all day on cool spring mornings and a few hours on hot summer days. In a cab with AC it will be even better.

Does your Grand L have a 3 prong outlet in the cab next to the standard 12volt outlet? If so do you know what this outlet is for?

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #36  
Here is a pic of the outlet and a couple of the rear of the inside cab.

ForumRunner_20120216_234644.png

ForumRunner_20120216_234659.png

ForumRunner_20120216_234900.png

ForumRunner_20120216_234724.png

Oh come on now...you must stay up at night thinking of things to make....snow must be short up there :laughing: :laughing:

But seriously... a Chinese cup in that USA holder. Take a chunk of aluminum and manufacture your own cup at least....geesh. Always taking the easy way out :D

:laughing: Well I will admit I don't sleep much. If I get 5 hours a night I feel fully rested.
I never thought of machining a mug. :confused: I may have to try that :laughing:

That cup is the slickest thing I've ever seen in a cup. You can fill it with coffee and shake the crap out of it and it won't spill plus the fact it's keep the beverage cold or hot for hours.
I couldn't find a holder for it so I built one oh and by the way, it a CANADIAN built one :laughing:

Thanks for the reply, I was trying to decide if they were worth considering but I don't think it is really going to be that useful for me since the screen is going to be fairly small.

I have seen the golf cart mirrors and there are also similar mirrors designed for UTV's that would mount inside that are similarly shaped and sized. I was sitting in the cab today just looking at how much room I would have and how I would want to mount the different modifications and I think one of those mirrors would mount up fairly easy. I'm leaning towards mounting it to the top right hand side.

I also ordered a simple bottle holder that would go on a bike but that will clamp onto the 1" grab bar on the right hand door. I'm going to mount it on the high spot above the hydraulic remote levers and see how it works. I have one similar on my actual bike and it has done a good job and I don't ever have hot drinks with me, only bottles. I usually freeze my refillable plastic bottles about half full of water and just finish filling them the rest of the way in the morning when I am working on the farm. It stays cold all day on cool spring mornings and a few hours on hot summer days. In a cab with AC it will be even better.

Does your Grand L have a 3 prong outlet in the cab next to the standard 12volt outlet? If so do you know what this outlet is for?

Well your on the right track with the mirror. You'll find one that will work. All these convenience items takes a bit of thought and research. I would have bought a cup holder as well but couldn't find one to fit the cup. I'd rather buy one than spend a full day making one but it works great and should last as long as the tractor or longer.

I've ever seen one of the outlets in a tractor before :confused: Kubota states it's a 12volt 3pin coupler. It's rated at 30 amps. Can't tell what you plug into it. May be a plasma TV. :laughing:

If you do get a plasma TV in there you know I'm going to try it In mne. :laughing:

You have the first tractor I've seen with a cab that has a vinyl seat. Wonder why Kubota did that? Hope they don't think the cab is going to leak and get the seat wet :confused:
They have great looking cabs though.

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #38  
:laughing:
I couldn't find a holder for it so I built one oh and by the way, it a CANADIAN built one :laughing:

oh, isnt this a pic of it?? or am i mixing up the pics. i see made in china :laughing:

Attachments

• pic6.JPG
    pic6.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
oh, isnt this a pic of it?? or am i mixing up the pics. i see made in china :laughing:

Yes the cup is made in China but I corrected you when you wrote and I quote: "a Chinese cup in that USA holder" I said the holder was made in CANADA :D

/ Cup holder for the Grand L #40  
Yes the cup is made in China but I corrected you when you wrote and I quote: "a Chinese cup in that USA holder" I said the holder was made in CANADA :D
oh..your right. my mistake :laughing:

now, get to work machining a Canadian cup.