cupholder on the x700 series

/ cupholder on the x700 series #1  

Stephen_Byers

I have a JD x729 and have lots of sports bottles that just don't fit the cupholder right. It's narrower at the bottom, and when I swing around turns, my bottles seem like they're going to fly out of the holder. I assume it's the same cupholder on all the x700 series. Wonder if anyone has come across a good tumbler or sports bottle that works just right???
Thanks!

/ cupholder on the x700 series #2  
I gave up on drinking & mowing.
My water bottle stays in the beer-fridg in the garage until I get thirsty.
A short walk to the fridg for a couple of swallows and it gets the blood circulating again.

/ cupholder on the x700 series #3  
I have a JD x729 and have lots of sports bottles that just don't fit the cupholder right. It's narrower at the bottom, and when I swing around turns, my bottles seem like they're going to fly out of the holder. I assume it's the same cupholder on all the x700 series. Wonder if anyone has come across a good tumbler or sports bottle that works just right???
Thanks!
Absolutely nothing fits that cupholder properly. Zero. Nada.

It's like the engineer at Deere said "give me all the possible cups and bottles around... I'll design something that matches none of them!"

That said, I vaguely remember seeing something about a person that had 3D printed an adapter that sat in the X7-series cup holder and was properly sized for normal bottles. Can't tell you where it was though.

/ cupholder on the x700 series #4  
BooHoo BigBlue1
Blame it on the engineer... we are becoming a society of needing comfort at all times. :):):)

bigtiller has a good answer. ;);)

/ cupholder on the x700 series #5  
LOL! OK then buddy... Tell us how you really feel.

/ cupholder on the x700 series #6  
I feel your pain. My daily driver is German and apparently they were not interested in making the cupholder large enough to fit literally any mug in the US. Except one. The dealer sent me a branded mug as a gift to fill out the survey with all 5's :rolleyes: and I looked at it and said it better damn well fit the cupholder! It does.

But on my mower I do what bigtiller does and leave the water jug out to get it on a break. Standing up at the end gets to be a bit difficult at first if I don't stop at least once as I stiffen up quite a bit.

As to the Boo Hoo comment, and as an engineer - I agree with the complaint. Why bother putting one in if it doesn't fit anything? That is an engineer that did not do their job well at all. "You had One job..." But then judging by your long list of JDs and location, I'm guessing you might work at the JD mower factory?🤔

/ cupholder on the x700 series
I feel your pain. My daily driver is German and apparently they were not interested in making the cupholder large enough to fit literally any mug in the US. Except one. The dealer sent me a branded mug as a gift to fill out the survey with all 5's :rolleyes: and I looked at it and said it better damn well fit the cupholder! It does.

Dave --
Could you clarify what you mean by, "Except one. The dealer sent me a branded mug....." Are you saying a JD mug will fit x7 cupholder well? I was wondering this!

/ cupholder on the x700 series #8  
No, sorry - that was on my car, not mower. Just a similar problem...

/ cupholder on the x700 series #9  
What is a branded mug? Have me curious.