Curtis cab

/ Curtis cab
He wanted $4000.00 three years ago, I called him a few months ago and he said $3900.00 so I went to a Cub Cadet dealer and saw one on a smaller tractor. It was partially a soft side cab and I was not too impressed. I went to a lawn and garden show and the guy was there, he told me I needed that cab. I told him I saw one and no way are they worth that kind of money.

He said make an offer so I told him he would not like my offer, he said "I haven't heard it yet". I told him $2500.00, he asked if I had anything to trade, I said I would give him the IH hat I was wearing. I told him I can hear the boss telling him "Get that thing out of here, someone is going to hit it and break the glass, it is just collecting dust'! He said he was writing it down. Two weeks later he calls and says they will accept the offer.

I am going to call tonight and confirm the hard cab and doors and glass, if so I will buy it I don't think I could come near building it for that price. I hope he forgets about taking my hat as partial trade.

/ Curtis cab
He got back to me today all is as I thought it was so I decided to take it.

/ Curtis cab #13  
Good for you Jimmy. I think you'll be happy with it, especially when winter sets in again.

/ Curtis cab #14  
Glad you got it. I have a Curtis cab on my Kioti and it works great. Has solid doors,heat and front wiper. I remove the doors for the summer.

/ Curtis cab
Thanks Garf658 the older I get the less I appreciate the cold so the cab will be a big plus.

Phil I'm glad to hear you and a few others like their Curtis cab, for the money I don't think I can go too wrong. When you remove the doors do you just lift them off the pins or is there something else to remove first.

I have a friend who has his own car repair business, he put a Kozy cab on his dad's tractor, he offered to help put mine on. You can bet I will take him up on the offer he is very good at getting things done right. When I pick up the cab I'm dropping it off right at his shop and he will haul my tractor over. He even has a forklift to unload it if we need it. I'll keep you posted, but I won't get it until the end of the month.

Thanks everyone for all the insight it helped a lot in my decision.

/ Curtis cab #16  
Doors lift right off. Mine are heavy though as they are steel and glass. I have removed them alone but help is better.:D

/ Curtis cab #17  
Jimmy Joe: you gotta complete this thread and post some photos when you get your new cab installed! Seems to me that $2500 is nothing, if you will getting such a major improvement in your equipment. Next winter, you will wish you'd done it years before.

/ Curtis cab
Phil, good to hear the doors are heavy. D
o you have any issues with the windows fogging up in cold weather?

Varmint I sure have been thinking about a cab for quite a while. I will try and post the before, during and after pictures when we get around to installing it.

/ Curtis cab #19  
o you have any issues with the windows fogging up in cold weather?

Yes, they can fog pretty good when snow blowing and they get wet. I have a heater with mine so I added some extra fans and keep wiping supplies in the cab. Usually for me it is just the rear that gets the worse as that is where the blower is.

/ Curtis cab #20  
Jimmy:

I too have a Curtis cab. A fan mounted on the roof in the right rear corner of the cab is ball-mounted, so it can be swiveled for effect.

One thing I'd change during assembly is to mount a bigger front wiper blade for better coverage. The std. provided by Curtis is too small.

The heater unit used to vibrate something fierce until I twisted a joist hanger to the top and the front. Be sure not to drill thru the core of course.

Also, I wired 2 front and one rear lights off the top of the cab - mounted thru the Curtis bolt-holes. (I use the rear to check the rear blade when plowing snow at night).

Consider getting Curtis' distribution box for wiring and control.