Curtis cab

/ Curtis cab
daveinnh thanks for the info, I think I remember reading about a separate fuse panel for the cab makes sense. Is there a place already to mount the fan or did you just make your own mounting? The bigger wiper blade is it just the blade with the rubber or the whole wiper arm? How long have you had your cab and what do you think of it so far?

/ Curtis cab #22  
daveinnh thanks for the info, I think I remember reading about a separate fuse panel for the cab makes sense. Is there a place already to mount the fan or did you just make your own mounting? The bigger wiper blade is it just the blade with the rubber or the whole wiper arm? How long have you had your cab and what do you think of it so far?

Jimmy:

- I just picked a place for the swivel fan and drilled thru the steel roof. Be sure to account for full rotation and swivel action. I found that the heater fan didn't provide enuff air-flow to prevent fogging. (your winter weather may differ than NH's though) Fan action towards the front window in winter for fogging may be different than fan action on the back of your head during summer for horse-flies.

-The std. blade does not provide enuff coverage. Before pressing wiper arm onto motor shaft, review coverage - maybe Curtis extended arm & blade length?

- I bought my Kubota L4310HST used (2004?) and had the dealer plumb the heater and electrical knob. Mounted the cab the next summer after suffering thru winter plowing. Seems to be a cost-effective solution. Assembly is like an Erector-set with many bolted connections. Also offers easy entry/dismount when doors are off during the spring-summer-fall. But the Curtis cab is noisier than open platform when inside.

- I understand that new factory cabs have fiberglass roofs. Nice to have a steel roof when branches fall on cab when clearing in the woods with a grapple.

- If my Mega-Bucks ticket is picked, I'd get a factory cab on a new Grand-L or M-series though.

- Maybe ask a local member to see their Curtis cab?