Snow Attachments Damage free cutting edge?

/ Damage free cutting edge? #21  
A 1/2 inch in 5 feet should be good.

Thanks, I got about a 4&1/2' piece of 2"ID, white, schd 40 pvc laying around. Think I'll experiment with that to test the theory.

Thanks, camer!

/ Damage free cutting edge? #22  
I got a piece of 1 1/2 inch by 8 inch rubber that had slots punched in it for my 8 foot rear blade. I got it at plowrubber.com. It should last forever and does a great job without damaging the driveway.

/ Damage free cutting edge? #23  
It is 1.5" black PVC pipe slit down the length and two holes drilled on each end. The bungee strap hooks in one hole goes over the blade and hooks in the other hole. You can plow in either direction and it does not come off. IMG_0276.JPGIMG_0273.JPGIMG_0275.JPG

/ Damage free cutting edge? #24  
I have read here that some people suggest getting a stall mat from Tractor Supply and cut strips ands sandwich it between the cutting edge and the blade with a couple inches sticking out. This sounds like a great idea and I plan on trying it as soon as we get snow. I think it should also help on gravel and not gouge the gravel up. I plan on using it on my front blade but it should work great on either end of the tractor.

I was one of the ones who did it this way a couple of years ago. Search on my posts by username and I'm sure that you will find it. My favorite part of this mod is that I can plow from the blacktop driveway right up onto the lawn without hurting the turf.

Farmeratheart (Frank)

/ Damage free cutting edge? #25  
Search for both polyurethane (pricey) and rubber (more reasonable) plow edges. You will find both in several thicknesses and widths. I just ordered 3/4" X 4", 725 psi rubber edge for my Wheelhorse plow today from Rubbercal.com today. They are 25% off right now!

/ Damage free cutting edge? #26  
I was one of the ones who did it this way a couple of years ago. Search on my posts by username and I'm sure that you will find it. My favorite part of this mod is that I can plow from the blacktop driveway right up onto the lawn without hurting the turf.

Farmeratheart (Frank)
Do you think it will work well on gravewl also?
Thanks for the idea.