Dang Red Off road Fuel

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #21  
That is why I use standard premiur diesel fuel. It burns clean, runs great and for the couple cents a gallon more provides peace of mind. Who wants to be playing mechanic when there is a job to be done ? ( ya know, that boring hard seat time enjoyment task ) jr

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel
Well now That i measured my pipe of my hand pump , and The depth of that guys tanks , You got it i was sucking dirt off the bottom of his tank , i could have swore i had that cut for 275 gallon tanks that id be leaving 3-4 Inches from the tank floor ,,,,,, Red fuel will not dye the filter red i have 4 cut open now to prove thats a line of scare tactic ,,,,, One other fellow changed his and found that out also,,,,,,,,, Id like to know what refinery their getting fuel from up here near Motown WV cause this Off road fuel is sure not On road dyed red ,,,,, Its high sulpher fuel Fire my Tractor up or My 331 excavator with it in the tank and you can plainly smell the diffrence in Exhaust fumes .... Just bought a 5 gallon can of On road and 5 gallon can of off road and Any one that wants to make a 1,000 wager its the same fuel is way more than welcome to do the sniff test , Filters are full of black junk and i mean black id say i got a bad batch of buggy fuel ,,, Im installing filters and stuff and treating the fuel to try and rid this stuff of all the junk,,,,, Now i did take some red and Mixed some onroad with it to dilute the Deep red , Holy **** the crap i can see thru the fuel , kinda brownish not clear like the new red i bought , I noticed this New can aint dyed as dark as this other ,,,,,, The fuel was last falls fuel BTW...... Any way Filters are changed im taking a break from filtering fuel and Hoping the weather dryes up

OH here is something Few might want to read Wisconsin has High Sulpher Off road ---------NEW Energy, L.L.C. is one of North East Wisconsin's largest petroleum suppliers. We currently have a fleet of 11 delivery trucks that cover the following six counties: Calumet, Brown, Manitowoc, Winnebago, Fond Du Lac, and Outagamie. Our trucks carry high sulpher off-road diesel, low sulpher on-road diesel, and gasoline

So its not Just WV that aint the same

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #23  
Our neighbours tank looks purdy on the outside but when it ran low and we tried to get the last drops out it was a dirty old mess in there! The rust etc turned the red fuel a really dark colour.

After it sat for a week or so it cleaned up to a nicer red colour.

Ken

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( So its not Just WV that aint the same
)</font>
I can't say that I KNOW what they're pumping into taks at the supplier's location, I can only tell you that the dealer WARNED me, "It's high sulfer fuel. Are you sure you can run that in your tractor?" before he would sell it to me. I had been paying $.50/gal more at the pump before discovering I could buy off-road dyed fuel. it's obvious that there's a lot of sulfur content in mine now compared to what I was using. As you said, the "sniff" test will tell the tale. It may be different in other areas, but my dealer wouldn't need to make any warning if it wasn't high sulfer. He was trying to make sure he didn't get sued by me later for not disclosing the possible trouble I could have if my tractor couldn't take high sulfer.
As a side note, you should change your oil more often when using the high sulfer as the oil will get a higher sufuric acid content faster than low sulfer. I do mine every 50 hours instead of the recommended 100. John

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #25  
<font color="blue">What difference does the color have to do with the quality of the fuel? </font> ========
Ya got me I never could figure out how red dye changes everything about the fuel.

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #26  
<font color="blue">It's made at the same refinery as the road diesel is.
The only difference is that they add the die to it.
</font>

<font color="purple"> ============
So it has to be the same stuff cause why would they have to change the formula in order to pour in the dye? </font>

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #27  
<font color="brown">
Off road and on road is simply a taxation matter there fore there is no need to add more sulfur to the on road diesel in order to refrain from adding highway use taxes to it. </font>

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #28  
<font color="blue"> 1*If something special is to be added to the fuel, it is done so after it's been refined and along this route.

2*The only difference between red and clear is the color.
///////////////// </font>
<font color="purple"> 1*Why would they add more sulfur to it as this point?
Especially since the E P A has cracked down on sulfur content.

2*I couldn't agree with you more.
</font>
Old myths die hard

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #29  
recalled <font color="blue">The Catlettsburg refinery makes only one type of diesel fuel for distribution, low sulfur highway use fuel.
WVBartMan
********** </font>
This being the case then
On road diesel off road diesel home heating oil and fuel oil are all the same thing going by different names.
It never has made sense to me that they would make 4 different products when one product would do all 4 jobs just fine.

/ Dang Red Off road Fuel #30  
At the corner grocery down the hill they off road pump states "High Sulfer" on it. And smells like higher sulfer when it burns too. there is a difference some places.
Ben