Dealer dealings and decisions

/ Dealer dealings and decisions
Yeah....you would think those things would be common sense.
In a previous life, just out of school, I sold cars for about two years. (Wise-guys please refrain from used car guy jokes /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) I wasn't that good at it, Country boy in the city and all that, and my old boss used to say I couldn't sell a hooker in a lumber camp! But I knew and learned the basics of how to treat a customer, especially people spending that kind of money. Most don't take those purchases lightly because it is a MAJOR life purchase. I certainly put my upcoming tractor purchase in that catagory. I don't expect butt kissing to get me to buy a tractor, but I do expect good customer service. I'm a tractor newbie and it sure would be nice to take delivery of a new machine and have a salesman or someone from the dealership spend some time showing me the basics of how to operate my tractor and gear. This is where friendliness and personality would be a plus I would think. When I give the dealership my check, I want a warm and fuzzy feeling about coming back for service, advice, and future purchases. I don't think that's too much to ask.

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #12  
I had the same experience as Greg.

To reiterate what he said, shop until it becomes a "no-brainer" instead of a tentative, stressful decision. I had such a miserable time shopping that I had actually decided to wait until the spring. That was until I found the right dealer and the right tractor (In that order!).

He didn't seem like he was too into "dickering," but that didn't matter because I had no complaints about his prices. I even explained that for my personal use I didn't think I needed to pay for brand-name implements. Instead of scoffing at me, he went out and found exactly what I wanted at the prices I wanted to pay.

He dropped off my new MF GC2310 on Saturday!

- Cort

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #13  
I hope you plan on posting some pics of your new machine.
Congradulations!

There is a Massy Dealer up the road from me. I like his sign,
" red in your shed, green in your pocket" Makes me smile every time I see it!

-Mike Z.

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #14  
<font color="blue"> If you don't want hydro, then the entire world of the Korean tractors also become options and Kioti, Century and Branson seem to be good looking feature laden machines. </font>

<font color="red"> UPDATE </font>

Kioti now offers a hydrostatic transmission in a 21hp model. It's the CK20. It's available in hydro or gear versions. Kioti also has a CK25 and a CK30 in development and hope to see production models of the CK25/CK30 in 2004.

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #15  
I didn't know that Kioti came out with a hydro. But I guess just like with any brand new model, I wouldn't buy something until it proved itself in the real world. When I buy truck transmissions I buy Allisions, when I buy truck engines I buy tried and true Cat. I guess my point is that Kioti may make the best hydro on the market or they may make the worst, but I wouldn't buy it until they sold a bunch of them and other people had all the problems. Kioti does make a fine tractor, but I would not buy the first model year of any manufacturer, so I guess I would rule out the Kioti HYDRO transmission for at least one or two model years. Just my opinion.

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #16  
""When I give the dealership a check, I want a warm and fuzzy feeling about coming back for service, advice, and future purchases. I don't think that's too much to ask.""

Boy did you ever hit it on the head!!! In my recent search, I really liked the green and orange tractors alot, but felt so **** uncomfortable with those "used car salesmen" (sorry!) that I walked away stressed and unsure...right into the Massey dealer, who at first was a distant fourth on my list. I was immediately at ease with those folks. As you can see from my picture at the left, I now own a Massey, and have not looked back. They have already gone above and beyond, loaned me a loader until my real loader comes in, upgraded me to a really nice Woods tiller at a ridiculously good price when they admitted the Massey tiller was on long backorder, extra parts gratis, free loaded tire upgrade to R4's, double manufacturers warranty....the list goes on and I'm smiling!

Keep lookin' til you smile...don't worry so much what color it is!!!!

Do this: /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif <font color="blue"> </font> <font color="blue"> </font>

/ Dealer dealings and decisions #17  
<font color="blue"> I guess my point is that Kioti may make the best hydro on the market or they may make the worst, but I wouldn't buy it until they sold a bunch of them and other people had all the problems. </font>

Bob,

I think your inference is a little strong here (and other people had all the problems.) That's a pretty big assumption. More and More CK20's are hitting the streets. One CK20 owner just reported today, he has 130 hours on his tractor with no problems. New Holland has not gone without problems on their New TC24 Model. But, I'm not here to bash any particular model or manufacturer. I just think when very generalized statements are made no Manufacturer or Models need to be mentioned.

I apologize and did not mean to hijack this thread. Just my.02 cents worth.

Don