Dealer is really poor sport!

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #1  

proudestmonkey

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230
I have a tractor dealer (Agco, Simplicity, Massey Ferguson) that is practically my next door neighbor. I stopped there first when I knew I needed something bigger than my JD riding mower. I didn't like what they had, and it was more expensive than the Kubota. I bought the Kubota. Today was the first time I was in there since buying my Kubota. I asked about a Bush Hog Brush Hog and a wood chipper. What they had was nice, but more than I need, and too expensive. But, they did have a few used front end snowblowers that I was thinking I might want to buy. I had grabbed some tractor hardware (clevis pins, and a couple of hitch rods) while we were talking. I asked him if they'd be willing to work on my Tractor since I am right down the road. I figured he'd say yes because they work on Case, JD, and my next door neighbors Kioti all the time. I've also seen a Kubota in there yard a few times. You know what he said? He said, "We'd really rather not." I told him I wasn't interested in the snowblower or the Brush Hog, handed him the tractor hardware I was going to buy, and said, "thanks, but I guess I'll buy my stuff somewhere else." He shrugged and walked away.

I am not sure if this is unusual, but it was surprising, seemed rude, and a little embarassing. Now, I regret asking. I guess things might have been different if I had never stopped in to talk to them about buying one from them in the first place.

Oh well, I know where to take my tractor I guess.

/ Dealer is really poor sport!
I have a tractor dealer (Agco, Simplicity, Massey Ferguson) that is practically my next door neighbor. I stopped there first when I knew I needed something bigger than my JD riding mower. I didn't like what they had, and it was more expensive than the Kubota. I bought the Kubota. Today was the first time I was in there since buying my Kubota. I asked about a Bush Hog Brush Hog and a wood chipper. What they had was nice, but more than I need, and too expensive. But, they did have a few used front end snowblowers that I was thinking I might want to buy. I had grabbed some tractor hardware (clevis pins, and a couple of hitch rods) while we were talking. I asked him if they'd be willing to work on my Tractor since I am right down the road. I figured he'd say yes because they work on Case, JD, and my next door neighbors Kioti all the time. I've also seen a Kubota in there yard a few times. You know what he said? He said, "We'd really rather not." I told him I wasn't interested in the snowblower or the Brush Hog, handed him the tractor hardware I was going to buy, and said, "thanks, but I guess I'll buy my stuff somewhere else." He shrugged and walked away.

I am not sure if this is unusual, but it was surprising, seemed rude, and a little embarassing. Now, I regret asking. I guess things might have been different if I had never stopped in to talk to them about buying one from them in the first place.

Oh well, I know where to take my tractor I guess.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #3  
Seems a little like rubbing salt into an open wound myself.

Why even bring it up since it is a brand new machine still under warranty for some time?

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #4  
Seems a little like rubbing salt into an open wound myself.

Why even bring it up since it is a brand new machine still under warranty for some time?

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #5  
This, unfortunately, is a very common experience. I just bought a Kubota L3400 HST in another state because three local dealers did not have any (nor L2800 HST) and would not get more until Fall.

I called my local dealer before comitting to buying out of state and they said that they would service my rig, but obviously customers who bought from them would receive priority. Considering there is a weeks-long backup even for those customers, it is effectively a lock-out for me.

No matter, they simply don't have the tractor, so I must buy from someone else. Or I could buy another brand which might have better availability, but I kind of the like the Kubota. I feel screwed by circumstance and misguided policy. Basically this has taken the dealer out of the purchase equation.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #6  
This, unfortunately, is a very common experience. I just bought a Kubota L3400 HST in another state because three local dealers did not have any (nor L2800 HST) and would not get more until Fall.

I called my local dealer before comitting to buying out of state and they said that they would service my rig, but obviously customers who bought from them would receive priority. Considering there is a weeks-long backup even for those customers, it is effectively a lock-out for me.

No matter, they simply don't have the tractor, so I must buy from someone else. Or I could buy another brand which might have better availability, but I kind of the like the Kubota. I feel screwed by circumstance and misguided policy. Basically this has taken the dealer out of the purchase equation.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #7  
It isn't really surprising that they took that attitude, although I agree it is disappointing. Sorry to hear about your experience.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #8  
It isn't really surprising that they took that attitude, although I agree it is disappointing. Sorry to hear about your experience.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #9  
Obviously the man doesn't need any new business.

/ Dealer is really poor sport! #10  
Obviously the man doesn't need any new business.