Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil

/ Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil #21  
5gal bucket a def jug spout will cross thread on pretty good

/ Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil #22  
For anyone that may not know this about pouring from 5 gallon containers... here's a how-to. Don't laugh. No one showed me until I was in my 30's.

/ Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil
I learn something new every day. Never would have thought of this trick

/ Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil #25  
I learn something new every day. Never would have thought of this trick

What it really was for me was I had to service and repair wide format film processors (24" wide film) for many, many years. Probably 28 years. Anyhow, once you got them repaired, you had to fill them with chemstry from 5 gallon buckets. I would always take the cap off and try and pour it with the spout down low, and it would GLUG GLUG GLUG splash, etc.... One day about 2 years into it, a coworker walks by and says, hey, watch this. He grabs the bucket, rotates it so the spout is towards his body, not away from his body, and pours it out from the top instead of the bottom without a splash. I stood there with my mouth hanging open. Made my life a heck of a lot easier, and, of course, I use that technique on all 5 gallon buckets ever since. Laying it on a flat surface and rolling it like the video works really well for filling small containers. Hardly a drop spills.

/ Dealing with bulk / 5 gallon bucket of oil #26  
Next lesson.... how to peel a banana the right way...