Death and social media ettiquette

/ Death and social media ettiquette #11  
Never been on Facebook or similar...

Know several otherwise good employees that got canned from a Facebook post.

One posted a selfie of her at work and she was clocked out on her mandatory 10 minute break... it was innocent BUT her screen was up behind her and about a week later it had made it to HR and she was terminated... otherwise nothing in her file and she started as a temp and did such a good job they made her permanent...

Her post was celebrating her becoming permanent.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #12  
Amazing how many criminals apparently post video and pictures of their misdeeds.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #13  
Never been on Facebook or similar...

Know several otherwise good employees that got canned from a Facebook post.

One posted a selfie of her at work and she was clocked out on her mandatory 10 minute break... it was innocent BUT her screen was up behind her and about a week later it had made it to HR and she was terminated... otherwise nothing in her file and she started as a temp and did such a good job they made her permanent...

Her post was celebrating her becoming permanent.
That was rather harsh don't you think? A warning would have been a more appropriate response.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #14  
Going out on a limb here and guessing most of the posters on this thread are over 50. That is why we think the way we do. I have never had FB or any other form of Social Media. Most likely never will have any of them.
The younger generation does everything with their phone. :confused3: What I see is lots of back and neck problems in the coming years.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #15  
That was rather harsh don't you think? A warning would have been a more appropriate response.

It was a HIPAA violation and exposed confidential patient information and required reporting...

/ Death and social media ettiquette #16  
My daughter showed us a facebook page of a friends daughter who was killed while horse riding, a drunk driver hit and killed the horse and rider then ran into a pole and killed herself.
I called our friend to offer condolences and found out that the horse spooked and threw the rider giving her a bit of a bruise, the sober driver of the car swerved and hit a kerb knocking a wheel out of alignment.
The horse was the only one to come out of it unscathed.
I do not have any social media accounts and wouldn't use them.
Chinese whispers.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #17  
IMHO people who kneel or fidget during the national anthem have absolutely no respect for the flag or the country, be it their own or someone else's.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #18  
I agree whole heartedly, but I wonder if we aren't in the minority. I find that many people post a lot more "personal" information than I would even consider posting.

Yeah, well, a lot of people are idiots, aren't they?

I know someone who popped into her favorite public forum (not a chat room!) and discussed very personal information, because it was just her and a few close friends on the forum that evening.

SMH.

/ Death and social media ettiquette #19  
All you guys have listed most of the reasons I don't belong to FB, Twitter etc, etc. An awful lot of the "info" people exchange now-a-days is stuff I'd rather not know about anyhow.

Well said.....me too!

/ Death and social media ettiquette #20  
I hate to say this, but it seems if you want to keep up with your extended family, you almost have to do Facebook just to know what's going on with the family.

Sometimes I believe we must be the only family left who actually sends out Christmas letters to our extended family and friends to let people know what's going on with our own family instead of posting it on Facebook.

I do like people that are proud of the fact that they have like 500 friends on Facebook. Kind of demeans the term "friend" LOL