Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU?

/ Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU? #101  
Look at the about me in his profile. All gone.

/ Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU? #102  
Singalo posted in the Massey forum, for me to post here about the GC series 3pt. I'm including a pic of mine. It is up/nuetral/down. I can stop it anywhere in it's travel(by moving the lever back to the center position), but getting the exact same spot is a one-in-a-million shot. Sorry it took so long for my response, Singalo. I'm an over the road trucker and just got home a little while ago.

Yeah, that is like John Deere's 1/4 inch valving that I pictured earlier. Definitely not Position Control by your own admission that it's a guess to get the 3pt to stop at the same spot.

/ Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU? #103  
I have always thought of the draft control as responding to draft of the implement rather than the tires slipping and "digging in". An example would be when bottom plowing where the draft force is several inches below the pivot point between the lower 3PT arms and the implement. The torque produced results in a line of action which compresses the spring to which the upper link is attached. (or electronic sensor for that matter) The draft control then reacts by slightly raising the implement. This will result in a controlled reaction under the right conditions and with the sensitivity adjusted to a happy medium.
I do see, on the other hand, where the tire slippage and diggin in would generate the same torque and reaction. Again this depends on the happy sensitivity adjustment otherwise a pogo stick effect can be introduced into the operation.

I concur. Great explanation.

/ Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU? #104  
How did he change his join date? it was 2-?-2013

maybe he's been put in a 'witness protection program'...

I posted in this thread on Wed evening about the OP joining TBN in early Feb and already having over 300 posts, my post and at least one other have been deleted from this thread.

I suppose big brother is watching and reminding us that maybe we're not playing by TBN rules & reg.s

Pete

/ Debating POSITION CONTROL. What is it to YOU? #105  
I have always thought of the draft control as responding to draft of the implement rather than the tires slipping and "digging in". An example would be when bottom plowing where the draft force is several inches below the pivot point between the lower 3PT arms and the implement. The torque produced results in a line of action which compresses the spring to which the upper link is attached. (or electronic sensor for that matter) The draft control then reacts by slightly raising the implement. This will result in a controlled reaction under the right conditions and with the sensitivity adjusted to a happy medium.
I do see, on the other hand, where the tire slippage and diggin in would generate the same torque and reaction. Again this depends on the happy sensitivity adjustment otherwise a pogo stick effect can be introduced into the operation.

I agree.