Deck issue, lost pin

/ Deck issue, lost pin #11  
Have had retaining ring pulled out on the front deck wheels before, never the ones on the rear deck height adjusters. Have made sure the rings were on the inside for more protection.Did loose a caster wheel on the ZD.
Speaking of front deck tires, both went flat while mowing last week on my youngest F3680, (60 in). I had checked them for give by pushing on them, not using a pressure gauge. Has anyone else had this problem?

If the tire's pressures are low, or there is rust on the wheel rim where the tire bead seats when properly inflated the tires will leak air until flat. Since both went flat it would most likely be underinflation in both tires. Check bead area for rust before re-inflating. Best to use a gauge to ensure even, correct pressures, as the wrong psi will affect cut quality too.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #12  
   / Deck issue, lost pin
I'd suggest a pin like one of these. And if you really like belts and suspenders, you could drill a hole near the end and put a cotter pin in it too.

CountyLineョ Lock Pin, 1/4 in. x 1-3/4 in. - Tractor Supply Co.

Your pin reccomendation worked like a champ. New pin in and the mower is running fine for mowing (no deck issues whatsoever). Ended up spending $15 for an assortment of various pins LOL

On a side note, not sure if anyone remembers the issue I was having with raising the deck the first time I took the deck off and I was trying to mount the deck back to the mower. For your entertainment... the truth is the reason why I had a issue was AFTER I got the front end mower links locked into place, I wasn't lifting the darn deck via the machine, but trying to do it manually with brute force to get the lift rod section locked up. Stupid...

/ Deck issue, lost pin #15  
Someone please explain to me why that missing pin made a clicking noise in the mower

/ Deck issue, lost pin #16  
These are 2 piece (4 inch) rims using a tube, Valve stem is very hard to get to when the wheel is mounted. Only 82 hours on unit. Concrete dust was centered on tires when I moved it outside to warm up. Ran for 3+ hours before noticing on turns.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #17  
Someone please explain to me why that missing pin made a clicking noise in the mower
With lack of the nominal mower restraint it probably found a resonant point with either power pulses or an imbalance in the mower.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #18  
I forgot to mention I have in the past lost a pin & wheel assembly off a Landpride RFM and A MF 2300 MMM. At least did not run over those.

The noise might have been the height adjustment collar bouncing w/o a pin through it.

/ Deck issue, lost pin
The noise might have been the height adjustment collar bouncing w/o a pin through it.

For myself, that makes the most sense thinking about it.

That said, when I finally was able to to remount the deck on the mower, I did lift it up to check the blades (when I originally took the deck off, the drivers left side just "fell" to the ground after I disconnected it, not realizing the pin wasn't in place, at the point, I wasn't lifting that deck up LOL) and found the center blade nut not as tight as it should of been. That said, the blade was in no way loose, but not sure if that could of caused the vibration? Thing is, I wanted to verify if it was the missing pin that caused the issue that I took it out for a quick 5 minutes to run with the blades engaged to see if it would still make that noise after I reattached. No noise at that point so I don't see how it could of been the blade.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #20  
There is a hinged cover over the drive shaft going into the deck gearbox. As the deck bounced with one corner unsecured it could have maybe, possibly hit that hinged cover or other "stuff" along the drive shaft.:confused3: It could have been something caught under the deck that had nothing to do with the lost pin which finally flew clear about the time you discovered the lost pin.
If your front wheels on your deck have a bolt with nut then those are the replaced OEM with hardened steel bolts. After losing a couple of wheels off the front I realized it wasn't just a fell out pin or believed it wasn't just a fell out pin and believed and still do that the front of that deck bouncing against those wheel shafts is tremendous.