Deck issue, lost pin

/ Deck issue, lost pin #31  
I think I got around 50 hours out of them, pumping grease into the bearings every 10 hours. This was on a 72 inch RD.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #32  
Looking at tires only at Carefree Tires website. Question is the pin 5/8 or 3/4 for the hub if I ordered the complete wheel (3 piece) assembly. Am away from mowers.
Had a hydraulic delivery hose split on the oldest mower, will have to trace the other end to see if I can get to it. This was Sunday before the storms, did not have time to look.
Also had the check engine light come on on my newest car the same day, busy with that.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #33  
Ordered two tires (only) from CareFree Tires 9x3.5-4 part # TL-9350-4275S on the 3rd, got them on the 6th. These are 2.75 in bead width.( they also have them with 2.5 in bead width) Mounted them today between thunder storms. Appear to be the same size as original tires.Too wet to try them out.
The site shows a tire/ wheel combo that claims to fit our F series but show a 5/8 bore rather the needed 3/4 in bore.
Tires I got were $24.95 apiece plus shipping.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #34  
Glad you guys brought this front deck tire problem up. Now I have one on my front that won't hold air. I cut one of the tires and rim up in the past when the wheel assemblt fell off and I ran over it. Bought a tire only and then just bought the tire on the rim to put on so still have the tire on the bench. I to now need to do something about my tire/tires.
TailDragon, are your new tires solid or tube type? Give results after use if solid. Wondering if solid would be harder on the deck than tube type since I do rough areas where front tires turn every direction and even do some plowing and ditching with them.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #35  
These are solid, have about as much give (and size) as an inflated original.
Have about 200 hours on the skinnier Marathon tires (solid) I took off the cheap wheels they came on that are now mounted on the 72 RD.
I tried new tubes, slime, new tubes w/slime before trying solid tires.
Waiting for clear weather to try the latest ones. My usage sounds about like yours.
My first tubed tires lasted about 600 hours before having problems.

/ Deck issue, lost pin
Ordered two tires (only) from CareFree Tires 9x3.5-4 part # TL-9350-4275S on the 3rd, got them on the 6th. These are 2.75 in bead width.( they also have them with 2.5 in bead width) Mounted them today between thunder storms. Appear to be the same size as original tires.Too wet to try them out.
The site shows a tire/ wheel combo that claims to fit our F series but show a 5/8 bore rather the needed 3/4 in bore.
Tires I got were $24.95 apiece plus shipping.

I had checked those out, but I thought they stated they weren't recommended for brush cutting and PTO driven mowers?

/ Deck issue, lost pin #37  
The tire alone does have that disclaimer, recommends a three piece wheel for best performance and shows loads at different speeds.
They also offer a wheel/tire combo that size for commercial mowers. (ULA686508) on a three piece wheel & hub that claims to fit the F series among others.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #38  
Mowed nearly 4 hours with them, so far so good. As rough as the ground is I do not mow that fast and raise the deck when transporting.
Will re-grease the hubs and check the four nuts on the hub/wheel. Got too dark yesterday when I quit. No power in my hanger. Did not have to re-level the mowing deck.

To keep on track with the thread title all pins and retainers are secure.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #39  
My one front tire is still "flat" and mowed almost all home property yesterday except for trails. I have a new tire I'd bought a year or two ago, maybe three :) which I brought home to see what I may do. Yesterday was my third mowing session and never missed a beat as far as I could tell with the steering issue. Believe it's now fixed.
Pondering filling an old cut tire with foam insulation (the kind that gets hard) from a can to see what it will do. I have an old rim and tire that fell off and got cut up by the blades when I ran over it so not much to lose.

/ Deck issue, lost pin #40  
John, on one of the lawnmower/garden tractor forums people have tried that on front tires. The foam apparently does not stand up.
Mowed more this weekend without problems, did pump more grease (moly) into hubs. Got about another 4 hours before the rain. Did not notice any more bounce (from deck) than before.
You are correct that you can mow with the guide tires flat and not see much difference in the tire or mower height. I noticed mine on a sharp turn while checking the lock rings on the front pins.