Comparison Deere, Deere or Kubota?

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #21  
No. $28500 was the base price.

I bought a 4520 cab with 1100lbs of iron weights, epto, 3rd rear hydraulics, rear wiper, upgraded cruise, telescopic links, front grill guard, rear work lights and tnt for
$34,000. I didn't look into Kioti because there wasn't a dealer close enough, but lots of the guys on this forum seem to be happy with them.

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #22  
I bought a 4520 cab with 1100lbs of iron weights, epto, 3rd rear hydraulics, rear wiper, upgraded cruise, telescopic links, front grill guard, rear work lights and tnt for
$34,000. I didn't look into Kioti because there wasn't a dealer close enough, but lots of the guys on this forum seem to be happy with them.

I'd have bought one too for that! When was it? 8 years ago? I couldn't even get the Kubota dealer to even get close to that price much less a Deere dealer.

Last edited:
   / Deere, Deere or Kubota?
I'm not complaining but this thread has sort of drifted....that being said, I went to a kubota dealer today and was quoted $26100 for a new 2013 MX5100 with 4wd, HST and a loader and $20700 for a 2 wheel drive with gear shift trans. Also talked to the Deere salesman again and was quoted $23000 for the 5055D with a loader.
Came back home an found an ad from a private party for a 2009 MX5100 2 wheel drive, gear trans and 2009 brush hog both with 45 hours on them, always shedded, looks like new and he wants $12900, I'm leaning that way.

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #24  
I'm not complaining but this thread has sort of drifted....that being said, I went to a kubota dealer today and was quoted $26100 for a new 2013 MX5100 with 4wd, HST and a loader and $20700 for a 2 wheel drive with gear shift trans. Also talked to the Deere salesman again and was quoted $23000 for the 5055D with a loader.
Came back home an found an ad from a private party for a 2009 MX5100 2 wheel drive, gear trans and 2009 brush hog both with 45 hours on them, always shedded, looks like new and he wants $12900, I'm leaning that way.

On your 5055 w/ loader quote, which loader was included in the quote? Both the 512 and the 553 loaders fit that machine. The 553 is a heavier build, is QA, and of course costs more.
The MX5100 does not have a loader, correct? Just wondering. Did you get a price on the 5055 w/o the loader? I think your still apples to oranges. The 5D series compares more to the Kubota M series than to the MX........

Bill

Bill (notforhire), He didn't specify loader model, just said add $6000 to the quoted $16949 for the 5055D. That is supposed to be $2500 off list, good till May 31. The private party mx5100 does not have a loader. I guess you are right about the apples/oranges. Still trying to sort it out. I think any of them will do what I need them for. While cost isn't the biggest issue I do want to get the best value for what I spend.

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #26  
I'd have bought one too for that! When was it? 8 years ago? I couldn't even get the Kubota dealer to even get close to that price much less a Deere dealer.

Summer 2009

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #27  
Bill (notforhire), He didn't specify loader model, just said add $6000 to the quoted $16949 for the 5055D. That is supposed to be $2500 off list, good till May 31. The private party mx5100 does not have a loader. I guess you are right about the apples/oranges. Still trying to sort it out. I think any of them will do what I need them for. While cost isn't the biggest issue I do want to get the best value for what I spend.

You may want to talk to member gemstarfarm, he just bought a 5055D w/512 loader, so he is right up to date on pricing.

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #28  

The used tractor for 12,900 deserves some consideration, that may be the best bang for the buck. Do you feel this is enough tractor for your needs and would you add a fel or not?

The 5055D is a larger tractor and isn't much more money (with warranty too) if you need the extra capacity.

For my uses I definately prefer an ehydro 4x4 tractor, just more pleasant to operate imo.

FWIW, I don't see the thread as drifting, just waiting for your response.

This morning I'm thinking I will get the Kubota MX5100 I looked at yesterday. Considering my needs and the difference in price on the models I have been considering spending $13000 instead of $23000 is realistically probably the wise choice for me at this time. All the replies have helped me to consider my options and are appreciated thank you.

/ Deere, Deere or Kubota? #30  
I have an mx5100 and love it, but I will say its pretty sad in 2wd with the loader on. You'll definitely want LOTS of counterweight. It's a great tractor but it doesn't have the weight that the older American iron does. In 4wd drive it will out pull my old ford 3600 by a large margin though.