Delivery Drone

/ Delivery Drone #2  
Cool idea, i wonder how well it would work...

/ Delivery Drone #4  
Especially if, as in another thread, there are ardent gun owners along the flight line wanting to shoot down anything that violates their air space :)

Stealth delivery drones perhaps?

/ Delivery Drone #5  
Another idea I've seen floated is a pneumatic tube system -- like often used at the bank drive through, but more complex -- that would have to be installed underground like other utilities. That would deliver packages to your house in a tube.

/ Delivery Drone
Another idea I've seen floated is a pneumatic tube system -- like often used at the bank drive through, but more complex -- that would have to be installed underground like other utilities. That would deliver packages to your house in a tube.

With my luck......I'd probably have a mole shoot out!!! No thanks!

/ Delivery Drone #7  
Yup, I'd prolly give that thing both barrels. :laughing:

/ Delivery Drone #8  
I saw that on "60 Minutes" last night...the part that made me laugh was where Bezos said one of the issues they had to work out was to prevent one of those drones "from landing on someone's head while he is walking in his backyard...." :laughing:

Although I have only been am Amazon.com customer twice in the past 15 years, as a former delivery driver I do applaud the creative thinking that goes into this idea. It does seem inane in many situations to pay a driver $25 an hour plus fringe benefits to drive a 3 ton truck just to deliver a 5 pound parcel. Another part of the program I found interesting was where Bezos explained the reasoning for his minimal profit margin.

/ Delivery Drone #9  
Wait for the law suit when someone is beheaded by one of those little helo blades..Can't see this being practical, or safe any time soon. Interesting thought though.