Delivery Drone

/ Delivery Drone #31  
National Geographic went to an island to view environmental changes resulting from mankind. They had a drone with a camera to help observe the island with, it went up into the air for the first time and the wind caught it. They watched as it disappeared from sight and never found it again. The fail safe return to base system failed, who would have thought that might happen. Anyone seen any rogue flying objects, I wonder if there will be a return reward, bounty or ransom? At the very least it will provide tons of material for comics as the possibilities are endless. I've learned the hard way to never underestimate the stupidity of mankind.

/ Delivery Drone #32  
I guess a good drone could actually put a package on a porch, but what would they do if the recipient lives in an apartment?

/ Delivery Drone
I guess a good drone could actually put a package on a porch, but what would they do if the recipient lives in an apartment?

Knock on the door or ring the doorbell.........:laughing:

/ Delivery Drone #34  
Turn on the camera while hovering outside the bedroom..

/ Delivery Drone #37  
I think it was all a staged ruse. I know that they will happen later rather than sooner, but it seems pretty coincidental that the 60 minutes piece was aired the day before cyber Monday and low and behold, we are still talking about it today. I think it was all aimed at keeping Amazon in the news for Monday.

/ Delivery Drone #38  
One, those motors and blades are weak enough not to maim and can be stopped with a hand.

Two, shrouds can always be, and prolly will be, added before full scale use. Shrouds also help lift and efficiency.

The size of the blades and the size of the drone will of course increase proportionally with the load it has to lift. Wimpy blades might deliver a cell phone, but it will take something a might heftier to deliver an engine block...even a light but bulk item will require some heft if there is any wind to contend with.