Deutz Tractors?

/ Deutz Tractors? #61  
Sounds like you’re on top of it. Just wanted to make sure since those are the # 1 problem we run into selling front hitch and PTO and it is not a normal option for a dealer so sometimes they don’t even know. Are you looking at the inverser trans with stop and go or the simple gear model. Stop and go is nice but spendy and ads a significant level of complexity for repairs down the road.

Buck

/ Deutz Tractors? #62  
Sounds like youæ±*e on top of it. Just wanted to make sure since those are the # 1 problem we run into selling front hitch and PTO and it is not a normal option for a dealer so sometimes they don稚 even know. Are you looking at the inverser trans with stop and go or the simple gear model. Stop and go is nice but spendy and ads a significant level of complexity for repairs down the road.

Buck

I like the features of the stop and go but hadn't discussed price yet. I have to look over the specs on the trannys offered still and see which one meets my needs best and go at it from there. I really don't need stop and go but depending on features it may be worth while. I don't know yet it will get figured out in time though as I have plenty of time before I can buy.

/ Deutz Tractors? #63  
Robert you may want to look at hydraulic post hole diggers or convert your existing one. Fencing contractors here weld a quick release bracket to the side of pallet fork frames for a phd and lay posts on the forks. The digger pivots so it can be strapped up to a tine or when in use just back up as you bring the forks down.

/ Deutz Tractors? #64  
Robert you may want to look at hydraulic post hole diggers or convert your existing one. Fencing contractors here weld a quick release bracket to the side of pallet fork frames for a phd and lay posts on the forks. The digger pivots so it can be strapped up to a tine or when in use just back up as you bring the forks down.

The post have to be on a trailer as they are too wide to fit in the row if I have them sideways on forks.

/ Deutz Tractors? #65  
Great topic as I am looking hard for a 75-100 HP 4wd to mow fields with. I have been subcontracted to do them next season. There is a chance to get more, too.

I have always passed on Deutz tractors thinking they were too obscure or typical of Euro tractors, too complicated to consider buying.

I found a D-100 06 4wd with a cab and couldn't believe how cheap it was. Have no idea of year, but appears to be air cooled and 80's vintage. Looks like it would be the perfect entry level tractor for this work.

Any knowledge on a D-100 06? Appears to have a standard shift on floor.

/ Deutz Tractors? #66  
The D10006 was sold in the US from 1971 to 1980. They were a good basic tractor compaired to todays more complex. Most had 2 sets of hyd valves and 540-1000rpm pto. They are also easy on fuel which is a biger concern today than it was in the 70's.

/ Deutz Tractors? #67  
The D10006 was sold in the US from 1971 to 1980. They were a good basic tractor compaired to todays more complex. Most had 2 sets of hyd valves and 540-1000rpm pto. They are also easy on fuel which is a biger concern today than it was in the 70's.

I agree with that, and I have 4 10006 Deutz tractors. Issues most of them have are the brakes need rebuilding and the lights probably don't work, but many of them are over 30 years old.

/ Deutz Tractors? #68  
I have two Deutz and I like them so far. I was worried about the air cooled at first. But they both prove to be good tractors. Parts are a little tough in NC but I can still get them for now. :)

/ Deutz Tractors? #69  
you sound very experienced with the Deutz tractor. I have a 2 year old 55 Agrokid. The battery is charged, but, it will not start. No engagement between the ignition and the starter.
Do you know what could be the problem.

/ Deutz Tractors? #70  
If it is like the older Deutz, the power goes from the big top terminal on the starter solenoid to the key switch, then to the start button, through the neutral safety switch, then to the little terminal on the starter solenoid. Just get a voltmeter and have someone pull the starter button and start looking for where the power stops.