Dewalt 18v XRP repairable?

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #11  
Scooby. $182 is too da%m high, $ 99 gets two all day long. Are those really that much better?

I have the Dewalt 20v Lithium-ion's and they are incredible...They are that much better. The run time and power are almost like corded stuff..A bit of an exaggeration, but not much.

Bought the impact and drill first...Was so impressed I bought the circular saw, Sawzall, impact and hammer drill a few months later.

Had a Ryobi kit for 8 years....Really hard to beat their kits for the money..If the batteries wear out it's cheaper to buy a whole new kit..

If I'm no mistaken the Ryobi Lithium 18v battery is around $70..A very good investment over the OEM's.

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #12  
I went to Ryobi tools several years ago, got tired of having a bunch of tools that all used different batteries and for an average user, the price was right. They came out with the Lithium batteries some time after that, but I resisted buying any until most of my NiCads were dropping out. I started out with two Lithiums packaged with the new charger and man, there was a big difference noted immediately! Right now, I've got 4 different sizes in Lithium batteries and I'd never think about going with NiCad anything again.

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable?
I had a Ryobi 18v sawzall, 4 batteries, and 2 chargers because the charges would not hold up to much use with saw. Saw and one battery got stolen, and batteries and charger didn't. So years later when I needed an impact driver I bought just the impact from Ryobi. It works great, drives strong, and battery lasts, guess there just not up to saws.

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #14  
I have the Dewalt 20v Lithium-ion's and they are incredible...They are that much better...

If I could replace just the batteries and not the tools too I'd try them out.
I'm kind of married to 18v with 2 reciprocating saws, 2 circular saws, 2 drills, a impact driver, a flash light, a radio / charger, 7 XRP batteries, 3 120v chargers and a 12v car charger.

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #15  
If I could replace just the batteries and not the tools too I'd try them out.
I'm kind of married to 18v with 2 reciprocating saws, 2 circular saws, 2 drills, a impact driver, a flash light, a radio / charger, 7 XRP batteries, 3 120v chargers and a 12v car charger.

You can, at a price however...and the chargers you have can't be used either. I strongly considered it, but I've had such good service from the NiCads and with the 2 for $99 XRP deal I just couldn't do it.

These are backwards compatible: Amazon.com: DeWalt DC9180-2-C (2) 18V NANO Lithium-Ion Batteries w/ DC9310 7.2V - 18V Ni-Cd / Ni-MH / NANO Lithium-Ion 1-Hour Battery Charger: Explore similar items

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #17  
I watched for sales and caught the two for $90 XRP's. Got mine on-line, but later saw local Home Depot carry the two-pack for a very short time.

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #18  
Just about everyone I know has old cordless tools with defunct batteries... it was a topic of discussion out on the patio Thanksgiving day...

My 1980's Makita is still going strong... it was combo set and I always but the batteries in the flashlight to drain 100% and then right into the charger.

Have not had the same success with other brands and did not have the flashlight tool to leave on to drain 100%.

My biggest disappointment is Lithium Ion from Milwaukee... just me experience.

I bought my God Daughter a 18v combo set at her request last Christmas... she does some high school projects building school drama stages/props. The set looks like new and one of the batteries would not take a charge.

I actually went through all the steps to send it back to Milwaukee under warranty and 3 weeks later I get a letter stating the battery was damaged from moisture????

The tool and case appear as new and are stored in her bedroom so her Dad won't take it...

Very disappointed because I have never had a year old battery fail and my 30 year old Makitas are still going strong.

I sprung from a new battery at $80 and gave it to her...

Had several Milwaukee problems over the past two years and each item was made in China... I guess quality is no longer their strong suit?

Looks like more Makita and Bosch in my future...

Three wives I know will be buying Makita combo sets for Christmas gifts on my recommendations from Thanksgiving...

/ Dewalt 18v XRP repairable? #19