Diabetes

/ Diabetes #11  
High fat low carb willing cure diabetes and most all health diet issues. Fat is good for you and important. Carbs are the killer. Fatty diets are healthy. We've been brainwashed for many years and it's killed so many people. Meat is supposed to have fat. Cream, butter, and other fats are the best thing you can eat. Your health will improve if you do. Statins are killer drugs. Cholesterol is what makes your brain. It's not the enemy and the equation used to measure it is based on bad science from the 50s.
Check out Diet Doctor - Revolutionize your health

Fat is your friend. Carbs cause heart disease, liver failure and diabetes. Fat satiates. How many hot dogs can you eat with no bun? Add a bun which is all wheat and carbs and you can probably eat double. Try it. Or try a plate of pork chops.

/ Diabetes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpXT3shAFO8

I love to barbecue and wow, look at all the sugar in ketchup and barbecue sauce...
everywhere we go we are accumulating sugars, salts, all these flavorings meant to
addict us to sweetness, saltiness and hot burger grease.
recommend skipping ahead on the video, he beats it to death, but the visuals are good.

Once upon a time I insured a company that made food flavorings. They had a contract for awhile making the
seasoning for McDonald's sausage patties. Everything was secret but it sure didn't look good. Huge amount of salt.
Sort of like looking at the ingredients
in cake icing. Yuk.

My sister has been eating nothing but organic food for more than 40 years so I've been educated/lectured at for awhile, but
mostly to avoid red meat. Seems like I'd be better off eating that burger vs. a donut or deep dish pizza. I bet there's a lot of sugar on that pizza
through the red sauce too...It's everywhere, it's everywhere...

/ Diabetes
Fat satiates.

That's if you like it.
Many feel it's leaving a grease slick in their mouth
and are grossed out by fatty meat. I must admit my favorite piece of red meat is prime rib, though I
trim every bit of fat off it.
Actually I can't digest very high milk fat icecream like the super premiums. Makes me gag a bit.

So I have a tolerance level for fat.
And I used to have a much bigger one for sugar.
But as I've gotten older, sweet things seem to taste better.
I seem to have bigger craving for sweets that I didn't before, though no matter, I don't
keep them in the house usually anyway. I bake a lot and give it all away to friends. Though on the brownies,
you know you have to do some quality control...checking those end pieces to make sure they aren't too
crunchy. I need to do a little more tupperwaring and less QC'ing...;)

And i guess eat less bread at breakfast. I grew up with bread served often so I guess I just kept at it.
Now we need to be smarter.

/ Diabetes #14  
I HAVE A HARD TIME believing you all. do you go to an electrician to have your plumbing repaired? do you go to the doctor to have you house remodeled? why would you go to a book that someone wrote to make money off a fad? a certified dietitian is the one you want to go to because they know the proper diet and food exchanges. when you go to then they will give you the correct amounts and portions to control your blood sugars AND to get to your ideal weight. what works for you might not work for the next guy. but a dietician can give a meal plan to each person that works all the time for everyone!!

/ Diabetes #15  
Red meat is a no no for me sugar levels prove it at least mine spike when eating red meat chicken not so much. With my job just hard to eat at right times

/ Diabetes #16  
My cousin went on the Medifast diet and lost 50lbs. He put his anti snoring device (whatever they call it) in the closet, and his exercise/diet made his blood sugars go back to normal levels.

/ Diabetes #17  
Generally speaking, if a person has two fasting glucose readings of 126 or higher, they are considered to be diabetic. Fasting glucose in the range of 100-125 is considered impared fasting glucose, aka "pre-diabetes". Roughly 25% of pre-diabetics will develop type 2 diabetes within 5 years if they don't start lifestyle modifications, the most important being weight control. The A1C test is gaining supporters for screening blood sugar control because it can be taken at any time, fasting or not. An A1C of 5.7-6.4 is pre-diabetes. Higher than that is diabetes. I have seen many patients with Type 2 diabetes 'reverse' their condition through weight loss. I have seen just as many worsen their diabetes by doing the opposite and gaining weight. I have never seen anyone benefit from a high fat diet or seen any respected medical liturature suggest high fat diets. Maybe that will change in the future, but I wouldn't count on it. I don't know if you are overweight, but if you are and you lose 1-2 pounds per month over the next year with a sensible diet and portion control, I'll bet you see significant improvement, daugen.

/ Diabetes #18  
I HAVE A HARD TIME believing you all. do you go to an electrician to have your plumbing repaired? do you go to the doctor to have you house remodeled? why would you go to a book that someone wrote to make money off a fad? a certified dietitian is the one you want to go to because they know the proper diet and food exchanges. when you go to then they will give you the correct amounts and portions to control your blood sugars AND to get to your ideal weight. what works for you might not work for the next guy. but a dietician can give a meal plan to each person that works all the time for everyone!!

I reversed diabetes. Has any certified dietitian done the same?

I'll say it again: I. Reversed. Diabetes.

It is gone.

Find that dietitian who has done so.

If not: then stop killing people and listen to science and experience.

I reversed diabetes as have tens of thousands of people.

Though you mean well, your dietitian has never reverse diabetes.

People with diabetes already face a medical community that treats them as though they have an incurable disease, a disease they brought upon themselves. Your dietitian/master degree MD/whatever was taught that diabetes is an incurable, progressive disease that at best is managed.

This isn't a political thing, this is a life thing and people with type 2 have unwittingly eaten their way into type 2 and they can knowingly eat their way out of type 2 diabetes though diet alone.

Although you mean well, your skepticism leads people to their deaths.

Last edited:
   / Diabetes
Eric,
The video was eye opening. All the bread I eat...
This may be easy actually to get back under 100 if I just cut out
what I now see as a huge amount of carbs I eat each day.

Actually, no, not cut out but profoundly reduce.
Only way to do that is meal planning.
You have to think in advance, or at least "on your feet"
as to what you put in your mouth.

Ok...besides the salads, is there anything one can eat going through the various
fast food chains if one wants to use the drivethru in the pouring rain?
And speaking of dietitians, those big restaurant chains employ a bunch of them and
one wonders why they don't come up with a low carb, high protein alternative.
And market the heck out of it.
If you saw an ad for a low carb burger, would you respond?

I like beef, not going vegan, eat mostly chicken and some pork.
I guess it's time to cook more pork ribs on the barbecue, (without the sugary sauce for sure)
and get my brain engaged.
That's really what it is, you have to think about it more,
be more careful what you put in your mouth and
plan your meals so you have good food to eat.
I like what this lady said, if you don't like the food, don't eat it.
Sure would be bad to have a nut allergy and be in her family though.

Lot of exceptions to every rule or even good idea, particularly if diabetes isn't your
only medical condition. See a doctor.

And I have a breadmaker sitting on my counter top. Well, I can always give it away as house gifts.
But now I feel like I might be handing folks buckets of sugar when I bake them brownies...
Double dark chocolate brownies with walnuts and raisins. and extra butter. I guess the butter part
is ok, right?...

wow this runs counter to decades and decades of low fat brainwashing. Even if done in good faith, which it was.

I do wish this lady had talked more about exceptions; she only stated glowing successes. That makes me nervous.
Like a circus pitchwoman...except I think she's likely totally correct.
Of course she's only trying to get our attention after we have glazed over from countless soda ads.

does a food being gluten free help?

Last edited:
   / Diabetes #20  
Eric,
Tell us what you eat,and how you live without potatoes and bread.I would really like a list of the foods you eat.