eBay/Craigslist Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think)

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #1  

xzcVAbc5

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25D
eBay auction

I bid on and was the high bidder on a tractor listed as a Kubota L3010 DHST. It's hard to make out, but I think the fender says GST. The auction says that it is a hydrostat transmission that should make it a HST. I can't find a DHST model listed on the Tractordata site.

The price is $6550.

Can you tell me whether this is a deal or not?

Thank you!

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #2  
   / Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #3  
Not 100% positive but the "D" designates a 4x4 kubota...

I think you got a good deal if it's not been abused too badly...

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #4  
Hey Slash !

Actually the "D" designation" indicates manual tranny, with four wheel drive:

Kubota L 3010 Information

.... so something about the seller's model designation is incorrect.

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #5  
Hey Slash !

Actually the "D" designation" indicates manual tranny, with four wheel drive:

Kubota L 3010 Information

.... so something about the seller's model designation is incorrect.

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #6  
The glide shift as best I remembered was a about 800 bucks more than a DT. Grab it and go. You can always just clutch like a DT with a GST transmission. I've had two, a L4200 and my current L5040 and both are trouble free and I love the glide shift transmission.

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #7  
Not trying to be the safety police but one thing I would try to do is put the ROPS back on the tractor. Maybe you can find a used one somewhere but I don't think I would feel comfortable not having it. It doesn't look like it's HST but unless you had your heart set on HST that shouldn't be a problem. It could even be a plus if your uses include plowing.

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #8  
I'm still trying to swallow the thought of buy a tractor off Ebay 'sight un-seen' ?

Why ?

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think) #9  
I'm still trying to swallow the thought of buy a tractor off Ebay 'sight un-seen' ?

Why ?

Must be a gambler. :confused2:

/ Did I screw up? Kubota L3010 DHST? Picture shows a L3010 GST (I think)
Must be a gambler. :confused2:

I am somewhat of a gambler. I've made a few somewhat big purchases off of eBay and they seem to pan out. Granted I'm bidding on it sight unseen, but I'm not handing over cash until I get to test drive it and check functions to make sure it's what it's supposed to be.

P.S. I do intend to plow. Why is gear better than hydro for plowing? Do you think this thing could handle a 2-14 or 2-16 plow?