Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #21  
Re: Diesel fuel in plastic \"gas\" cans

I use to use red cans for gas, diesel and kero. Then my son filled my mower with kero one day. I use the appropriate colored can now.

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #22  

Ozarker.....

<font color="blueclass=small"> They make colored cans for a reason.

/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #23  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I couldn't find a DIESEL can, so I use a blue Kerosene can for storing my diesel. </font>

I wonder if you could just get some yellow spray paint and spray your blue cans yellow? I got my yellow cans at Wal*Mart. )</font>

<font color="black"> I get to Wal-Mart maybe, on a bad year, twice a year, and only when the lovely Mrs_Bob drags me in there for something on some child's wish list. On a good year I skip the Wal-Mart experience completely! And there is no TSC in my county, although there is one the next county over and sometimes I do pick out what I need on the internet, call the store, and have one of the guys who lives out there pick up something for me. But I never bothered to check for a yellow diesel can. Even the gas stations that sell diesel don't sell the yellow cans. So I use blue Kerosene cans becuase all the big box home centers seem to carry those in the fall/winter. </font>

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #24  

I got my 5 gal diesel at NAPA for 11.00 -they always seem to keep them in stock. But I like the idea of a 30 gallon barrel full and to avoid lifting the can over the front end loader.My wife could fill it up herself that way. I don't think I can find a yellow barrel though.

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #25  

Awww what the heck. The valves needed a little lub anyway.

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #26  

Hi...

Decals from Gempler's work well...'

They have 'em for Diesel... Gasoline... Mixed Gasoline... etc...

PF1080.jpg

2"x8"

Dave...

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #27  

You can get yellow cans at a lot of marine stores. I was in a West Marine this weekend and they had them.

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #28  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ....The only yellow one I can find is 50 bucks for a 5 gallon plastic one. I will live with a red one with a big "D" written with a marksalot for 42 bucks, ...)</font>

Really? 42 dollars for a gas can? I think my new 5 gallon diesel can cost me $7.99 at TSC.

3958804-40547.jpg

I don't really like this can, no vent on the back side, so the fuel sorta gurgles in. Anyone in CA wanna buy it? Cheap at $20.00 and I'll pay shipping!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #29  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Awww what the heck. The valves needed a little lub anyway. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif! You gave me a good laugh this morning. Nothing like a little extra lube, I guess /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. G

/ Diesel fuel in plastic "gas" cans #30  

<font color="blue"> I don't really like this can, no vent on the back side, so the fuel sorta gurgles in. </font>

At first I didn't think I would like it. After using it however, I like the control of the flow. I'm tractoring, not racing. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif G