Diesel fuel red or green

/ Diesel fuel red or green #11  
Do troopers check diesel vehicles for die at license checks?

I've been checked by state troopers, DOT, and once in crystal springs, ms by the IRS. The IRS check point took a test tube of fuel to take to a lab. They were serious about it, not just the average visual check like the state guys do. Its not worth the risk. Dont do it!

/ Diesel fuel red or green #12  
POOOOPPPPPPPPP.jpg

/ Diesel fuel red or green #13  
Do troopers check diesel vehicles for die at license checks?

I live in north California in a small mountain town that is famous for growing marijuana. Consequently we have Feds running around up here regularly. I have an 01 dodge that has a tendency to smoke like a chimney at times. They pull everyone over up here for anything. Not kidding. They have pulled me over for tinted windows, couldn't see my front license plate, ( it was there, another excuse), no turn signal at a 4 way dirt road in the middle of nowhere, (truly in the middle of nowhere and they were hiding in the trees), and exhaust smoke. They dipped something in my tank, not sure what because I wasn't allowed out of my truck and tree cop boy was blocking my view, and it came up clean. They acted disappointed. Ive heard them say on the scanner "let's go jack with this guy". That's the attitude of the Feds up here. Real life jack booted thugs. You think they would try to have some kind relationship with the locals but they're just myopic bullies. Most cops are. Sorry for the rant. Yeah, they actually do dip test.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #14  
Thanks for answering my question about the dip tests. I was just curious, my only diesel is my tractor.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #15  
Here we go ...! got my popcorn ready too.
It doesnt matter what color diesel you put in your tractor , red, yellow, green. Its all the amount of taxes you pay on it and if you like paying road or home taxes for an off road vehicle.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #16  
The color of fuel can be checked by a dip test, checking the filer and there is some type of swab test for the end of the exhaust pipe i'm told. I also keep hearing they can find it at 1:1000 as DT86 said but also have no idea if that is true or correct. Here in WV I don't know of any noncommercial guys getting stopped and dipped but it can happen. We are taking my diesel truck on vacation this year and am curious to see if we get stopped in any of the states we travel in or through.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #17  
Both are fine but do both offer the winter blend,I would lean towards the tank use the most..fresher.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #18  
Hello all,
I was thinking of running home heating oil in my new tractor, After talking to the oil man after delivery he stated that home heating oil is NOT a low sulfer content fuel. I am sure the older rigs would be fine to run on heating oil but with the newer diesels set up to run on ultra low sulfer diesel from my understanding you can plug stuff up on the units. So needless to say i am stuck paying 4.30-4.50 a gallon for diesel.:hissyfit:

/ Diesel fuel red or green #19  
Hello all,
I was thinking of running home heating oil in my new tractor, After talking to the oil man after delivery he stated that home heating oil is NOT a low sulfer content fuel. I am sure the older rigs would be fine to run on heating oil but with the newer diesels set up to run on ultra low sulfer diesel from my understanding you can plug stuff up on the units. So needless to say i am stuck paying 4.30-4.50 a gallon for diesel.:hissyfit:

ask him what does he fill the off road tanks with? same truck and contents inside I would think. Its all on paper where taxes go.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #20  
Here is some info from a company that installs diesel generators:

Off road Diesel #2 and Home Heating Oil / Fuel Oil # 2 differ only in the tax applied at the time of sale.

Both are dyed red. They differ from standard Road Diesel #2 in that road tax has been applied, no red dye has been added, and there is a specification regarding ash and/or sulphur content. In extremely cold climates, Standard Road Diesel #2 may be blended with Diesel #1 or Kerosene K-1 to assist with gelling problems resulting from the cold weather. Similar blending may occur on home heating oil / fuel oil based on your geographic region, anticipated temperatures, and overall climate.

Home Heating Oil / Fuel Oil #4 and Home Heating Oil / Fuel Oil #6 have a higher BTU content. This is normally accomplished by adding much heavier petroleum oil distillate similar to normal automotive motor oil to the formulation. This allows a furnace to burn less fuel, for each BTU of heat produced, as well as often times reducing the cost per gallon of fuel. These types of Home Heating Oil / Fuel Oil should NOT be used in a Diesel Fueled Engine or Generator.