Diesel fuel red or green

/ Diesel fuel red or green #21  
What everyone else said, it's the same stuff, my father in law sold both kinds and I used both in our tractors. I now have it delivered in bulk, so it is all off road.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #22  
Im presently using heating oil that was bought in 2004.. had no pronlems but i now do put a bit of treatment in.As it was clearanced at wally world.actually One time last year. i burned 13 gallons of diesl from the pump and the filter was quite yucky..

/ Diesel fuel red or green #23  
When I was in college I had a diesel truck that was dipped once. There was a cop waiving me into a weigh station. Pulled in, he immediately dipped the tank and sent me off. It was a road I travelled daily and I think they wanted to pull me over for a while. I was followed a lot by state cruisers. But it was legal and I never exceeded the speed limit (the truck could barely make the speed limit), so they tried to get me on the fuel.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #24  
how much cheaper is offroad fuel and where in jacksonville fl can I get it as we have a bx22 and a shibaura and a generator I would like to save on fuel

/ Diesel fuel red or green #25  
how much cheaper is offroad fuel and where in jacksonville fl can I get it as we have a bx22 and a shibaura and a generator I would like to save on fuel

Around here about $.30/gal. Some areas it can be hard to find and the extra hassle out weighs the savings.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #26  
Just search your area phone book for bulk fuel distributors or ask any farmer in your area where he gets his fuel. Most of them wont deliver less than 150 gallons but you should be able to take a smaller tank to their bulk storage location and have it filled.
The price would be minus any Federal and state road tax + county or city road taxes that you may have. It could be anywhere from $.30-60 per gallon depending on your local tax structure.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #27  
My tractor says to run low or ultra low sulpher content fuel. From this discussion, can I am assume off road fuel meets that?

My neighbor has a couple hundred gallons of new heating fuel for his furnace he wants to get rid of for free. Would I be safe using that in my 2010 tractors?

What about using off-road and that heating fuel at a 50-50 mix or there abouts?

I use additive no matter where I get the fuel.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #28  
I've never had a fuel filter come out of my tractor colored red. The dye will bleach out in the sun, so I seriously doubt it's going to show up in the exhaust either.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #29  
I am sure they test for the red dye but I have never seen it happen. I have drove diesel trucks since 1995. Most of them have had an auxiliary tank in the back to fuel equipment which you think would make me suspicious but I have never been checked. I have had DOT numbers on my truck since 2008 and have been through numerous states and weigh stations and never have been checked.

That being said I run green all the time even in my aux tank because I often use it to fuel my truck and the savings of the red fuel for my equipment is not worth the loss of being able to fill up my truck when need be.

/ Diesel fuel red or green #30  
I work for a municipality and they run the red fuel all the time in the trucks, and anything that runs on diesel, because they are tax exempt. I don't know why I'm getting involved in this but I'm just saying same stuff.