Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #11  
Heck do as I did.

I installed the smaller Anderson plug (fused) near my battery which is close to the fuelling point on most tractors.
It can also serve for other electrical needs like charging/boosting etc.

Very handy to not need to pop the hood every time electric power is needed.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #12  
I use a old battery charger to drive my 12 vdc pump but my tank is in shed and I have power available

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #13  
fuel 1.jpg. This is what I did. Pallet has wheels attached to lower section. Upper section lifts off to load onto truck to fill. Battery stays on unit.

I put battery on charger 1 to 2 times a year. Never fails.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #14  
It seems that it would be easier to just use some alligator off the tractor battery vs trying to keep a separate battery charged.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #15  
Fuel shed is too far from power. I put a 15 watt solar panel on the shed roof. Through a charge controller, then to a 12 volt car battery. (actually a weak battery that was replaced) The fuel tank and pump are on a pallet connected to the battery with 50 amp Anderson connectors. Getting the tank filled is simply disconnecting the battery from the pallet, leaving the battery in the system. This is important since the charge controller is damaged without the battery. Also battery powers some LED lights. Solar panel does a fine job of keeping the battery charged enough to pump 10-20 gallons at a time.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #16  
It seems that it would be easier to just use some alligator off the tractor battery vs trying to keep a separate battery charged.

And that's what I was initially doing, however lowering the grill-guard, lifting & securing the bonnet, attaching the alligator clips, turning on the 12VDC pump, climbing up & filling the tractor' tank and then reversing the whole procedure became a pain in the arse.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #17  
And that's what I was initially doing, however lowering the grill-guard, lifting & securing the bonnet, attaching the alligator clips, turning on the 12VDC pump, climbing up & filling the tractor' tank and then reversing the whole procedure became a pain in the arse.

Maybe buy some extension cord ends and wire a fuse protected plug that hangs out of the tractor similar to the block heater cord and then just plug in the pump.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #18  
Honestly, just use a used battery...one being replaced from a car. They might not have the umph to turn over an engine, but they will spin a fuel pump. My battery was 5 years old from a generator I repaired. Now it’s almost 8 years old. Still works great. Cost $0.00.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #19  
Honestly, just use a used battery...one being replaced from a car. They might not have the umph to turn over an engine, but they will spin a fuel pump. My battery was 5 years old from a generator I repaired. Now it’s almost 8 years old. Still works great. Cost $0.00.

The battery in my truck was eight years old, so I figured it was smart to replace it.
The old battery became my pump battery. That was two years ago and all is well.

My 50 gal tank is mounted on a pallet and only goes on my truck when it needs refilling.
The battery remains in the barn and gets charged a few times a year.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery
I use a 12V "power pack". The kind that plugs into 110V outlet and charges up. A full charge lasts a long time and the power pack is handy for other uses.

My transfer tank is also 50 gal and lasts a 3-5 months per fill. Not a big deal to plug the PP in after the last fill out of the TT so it has some time to recharge before being needed again. I have never had the PP run out of charge over 3-4 months.

I paid $50 for the PP and it is 7-8 years old. Doubt a battery will last that long or be as versatile.

===============================

I like that. I have a battery pack so that will save me some money not buying a battery