Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #31  
Same here fused... pu tank3.jpgpu tank2.jpgpu tank1.jpg

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery
Got it all finished. Built the pallet, waited for some Gasoila Soft-Set Pipe Thread Sealant with PTFE Paste to come in.
Put it all together and just hooked up a small 12 V and she works beautifully.

Filler the tank up with 50 gallons of red diesel $1.84 a gal in Ca. whereas reg #2 is nearing $4.00 a gallon.

I first tried using the NOCO battery pack but the pump brew too may amp because the NOCO kept shutting off.
The small 12V battery worked fine.

At 15 gal a minute, I filled everything up and nearly drained the tank. In the past using 5gal fuel cans would be miserable.
Holding the heavy 5 gal tanks at weird angles because on the excavator the fuel area is hard to get at and I would always lose a gallon or so every time I filled up.

All in all the best money I ever spent.

I still need to maybe get a battery box and do a final attachment for the battery, but I wanted to see proof of concept and all worked
as planned. No real hiccups except for the NOCO battery pack not being able to handle the load.

IMG_0141.jpg
IMG_0142.jpg

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery #33  
I have atransfer tank set up in a small trailer. I just use a battery jumper cable box and clip the wires to the alligator clips. Then put the jump Box back in the garage when I'm done. ... not that I would expect anyone to pull up to my fuel tank and top off...but it's certainly harder without a battery attached to it.

/ Diesel Fuel Transfer Pump Battery
I have atransfer tank set up in a small trailer. I just use a battery jumper cable box and clip the wires to the alligator clips. Then put the jump Box back in the garage when I'm done. ... not that I would expect anyone to pull up to my fuel tank and top off...but it's certainly harder without a battery attached to it.

I store my tank inside a 25,000 warehouse so leaving the battery attached for me is not a problem.

Hooking up with jumper cables it too difficult for the two tractors I need to fill. The one needs keys to lift the hood etc, the other I need to swing away the brush guard and lift the hood.

One thing I learned is the size of the cable. When I hooked up the cigarette lighter cable it was too small and the cable got hot.

The cable they shipped with it looks to be 12 gauge wire.