Diesel fuel

/ Diesel fuel #1  
Tractor
2022 Branson 5520h TLB
Diesel fuel offroad not recomended. Howdy all. New to chiming in but have gained a lot of knowledge just in reading. Thanks for that. I bought a 2022 Branson 5520h TLB IN May this year. It's at its 50hr service point. When I bought the tractor they didn't have the 50hr service filters and etc in stock. Thought I'd prepay and have the items mailed to me to save me the 4hr roundtrip. Never heard back from them. Ended up ordering my filters from a dealership today. They sent me a download of 50hr service for my tractor that has part numbers and viscosities and such. Hope I can upload it. Anyways while I was on the phone with them he said off road diesel was not recomonded, only on road, taxed, not dyed diesel was recomended. I've looked through all literature and no mention of this. To my understanding sulfer content (and red dye, along with taxes) which is reduced in on road diesel, are the only differences. Anyone else heard of this?

Attachments

• 20 SERIES TIER 4 - 4 RANGE MAINTENANCE GUIDE (2) (1).pdf
    52.7 KB · Views: 65
   / Diesel fuel
Well I definitely haven't put old diesel in it and luckily the service station 5 miles down the road (a newish mobil) only has on road. The offroad is 8 miles away lol. It's the first time I've heard/seen this since looking at branson. Love the tractor btw! Anyone know the thread for the grease fittings on the backhoe hydraulic cylinders? It's the 250. I've tried 1/8 and m10 and neither wants to thread in. Thank you

/ Diesel fuel
I wasn't quite sure when the dealership said that. I thought offroad was for tractors.

/ Diesel fuel #6  
There is no difference in off road and taxed diesel other than the color. ULSD off road diesel (including heating oil) has been federally mandated in the US since 2014, and was likely 15 ppm sulpher for years before that.

/ Diesel fuel #7  
Absolute BS, off road dyed diesel is the same ultra low sulfur as on road diesel. I have 420h with the same engine you've got minus the turbo, no issues. ULSD has been a standard since 2007 as a matter of fact.

/ Diesel fuel
That was what I assumed. I'll have to talk to him again. See where his info is coming from. He was very helpful for 50hr service part #s and stuff. That graph had it all. It was 255 for all filters, minus fuel filter, shipped from TX to VT. I was having a hard time just finding the right filters.

/ Diesel fuel
That's the only drawback I've seen so far from tym/branson. Still not worth all the extra $ for "name brand".