Diesel fuel

/ Diesel fuel #11  
I went to a course CAT put on a few years back regarding their SOS oil sampling and that exact question came up. Their reply was they'es nothing in dyed diesel to damage an engine, dpf, scr or anything.

/ Diesel fuel #12  
...............Snip.................Anyways while I was on the phone with them he said off road diesel was not recomonded, only on road, taxed, not dyed diesel was recomended. I've looked through all literature and no mention of this. To my understanding sulfer content (and red dye, along with taxes) which is reduced in on road diesel, are the only differences. Anyone else heard of this?

I would not take any advice from person who said that - not even worth it talking to him.

/ Diesel fuel #13  
Many years ago when ULSD was first coming out, there were some areas that still had the higher sulfur fuel as dyed off-road fuel. Many years later, I would bet that on/off road diesel is all the same except the color.

/ Diesel fuel #14  
It is the same except for the die. There is very little fuel oil left that is not ULSD. Only a few industries are allowed to use it in existing machines and they are going fast.

1697154618109.png

/ Diesel fuel #15  
Anyways while I was on the phone with them he said off road diesel was not recomonded, only on road, taxed, not dyed diesel was recomended. I've looked through all literature and no mention of this. To my understanding sulfer content (and red dye, along with taxes) which is reduced in on road diesel, are the only differences. Anyone else heard of this?
Absolute BS. There is no difference between dyed diesel and on-road diesel other than the dye added to off-road so it can be identified if it is used in an on-road rig. I used to be the one who added the dye to the bulk diesel tank for our off-road machinery back when I was working.

/ Diesel fuel #16  
I know guys who haul fuel. All the same except for the dye. Off road and heating oil is the same just taxed differently.
Ive been running heating oil in my tractor and skid steer for the last 3 years because I inherited an old house with a full 250 gal fuel oil tank.

/ Diesel fuel #17  
I don’t know where people get the idea that off-road is harmful. People burn it in multi million dollar mining equipment. It’s not going to blow up a little tractor. It’s exactly the same fuel as highway diesel.