Diesel garden tractor pulling

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #41  
Liking the chrome split loom. Tech.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling
im a puller to and i wanted to know how or where u get u hoods from im trying to find a case ih magnum body like urs but i don't have any luck finding one.

Ebay or dealer warranty take offs. I got mine for free, some hoods get scratched and the dealers replace them under warranty. It helps to know people at the dealerships that will dumpster dive for you when that happens.

Columbus, OH Winternationals 2010
Columbus 2010 Jeff.jpg

Columbus 2010 Allis.jpg

Columbus 2010 Beachy.jpg

Columbus 2010 Becker.jpg

Columbus Winternationals 2010 #2
Columbus 2010 Kenny.jpg

Columbus 2010 Brown.jpg

Columbus 2010 Beachy.jpg

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #46  
Iam starting a build on a diesel puller and i was wondering what size turbo are you useing and where to get one?

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #47  
I have a friend in the States who pulls. As well as V8s he also uses electric.

Here he is doing a couple of pulls.
YouTube - Cub KAZap Electric Tractor at Ubly 2009 1st Hook
YouTube - Cub KAZAP Electric Tractor at Ubly MI 2009 2nd Hook
The cub has a 9" motor an he is now building one with a 13" motor.

And here is his build partner doing a pull.
YouTube - Electric Pulling Tractor

I am also thinking of building an electric pulling tractor. I have already built an electric tractor to experiment with and broken the axle gears with just a 7" motor so I am getting a stronger axle. I have just bought a Wheelhorse transaxle that I can do a fairly straight forward swap with but also I have a 4 ton capacity forklift axle and 13" motor unit that might just get a pulling tractor built around it.

Iam starting a build on a diesel puller and i was wondering what size turbo are you useing and where to get one?

Depends on the engine and what you are doing to it. Direct injection engine or indirect. Garrett GT12 & GT15 are popular in the 60-75 cube 3 cylinders. Mitsubishi TD02 twin scroll works well and is a whole different approach.

Ebay or any good Diesel Service company sells them.

Columbus Diesel Supply. Diesel Service, Parts and Repair.

/ Diesel garden tractor pulling #49  
Depends on the engine and what you are doing to it. Direct injection engine or indirect. Garrett GT12 & GT15 are popular in the 60-75 cube 3 cylinders. Mitsubishi TD02 twin scroll works well and is a whole different approach.

Ebay or any good Diesel Service company sells them.

Columbus Diesel Supply. Diesel Service, Parts and Repair.

How did you go about getting oil to the turbo and do i need to anything to be able to handle the turbo such as better head studs ect.?

How did you go about getting oil to the turbo and do i need to anything to be able to handle the turbo such as better head studs ect.?

Take a feed from the oil pressure gage port. Drill & tap hole in side of block for drain back or weld fitting on oil pan.

We run 40#+ of boost so things have to be done to control heat and pressure. How far you want to go depends on your wallet. Stay under 20# or so and things get much cheaper but you won't go as far down the track. Depends if you have any intentions of pulling nationally or just some local stuff mostly for fun and to impress the neighbors.

A good fuel and turbo setup will be at least $2000. Then you need water injection, etc.

Attachments

• 15 web.jpg
    15 web.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 4,681
  • diesel_water port 2.jpg
    diesel_water port 2.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 4,845