Oil & Fuel Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #71  
Ok when we get done here, can we use some formulas and technical terms to answer the question "Why did the chicken cross the road?" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #73  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Ok.. can we use some formulas and technical terms to answer the question "Why did the chicken cross the road?" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif )</font>

Sure, we can. But "Why" isn't formulated mathematically at all in the science philosophy of today. Only "What" and "How" are formulated. So, How can I help on Why it did so?

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #74  
<font color="blue"> Because it was too far to go around.
</font>

Eggsactly! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #75  
Here is a link that gives some interesting information, if any are interested, in why diesel engines are more efficient/provide more usable power per gallon of fuel, than comparable gasoline engines.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/diesel3.htm

It's worth the time to read through if you, (like me), are a little confused over the H.P. vs Torque questions.

I still don't understand it all, and have been working with both types of power plants for over 40 years.

I have had many, some very high H.P. engines over the years, but have converted to diesel power for my tractors, and the truck that hauls them around, and am convinced that torque not H.P. gets the work done.

Hope this information is as interesting to you as it was to me,

DT

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #76  
Slowrev said it was too far to go around. Therefore we would need to calculate the distance that going around would involve and then take into account the risk of crossing the road. By analyzing these to items we will then determine why he crossed the road. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I guess this is the same as pretty much everything else. All the technical talks sounds real good, but a good portion of the time that is all that it is, talk. When things are generally applied in a real life situation the technical talk and formulas don't help a whole lot!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #77  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess this is the same as pretty much everything else. All the technical talks sounds real good, but a good portion of the time that is all that it is, talk. When things are generally applied in a real life situation the technical talk and formulas don't help a whole lot!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )</font>

Tractors are made/based ONLY and ONLY on formulas.
So, is the tractor a real life object or not?

Ps: we aren't talking here about social problems of tractors and I have not used more technical language than anyone in this thread. So?

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #78  
I was merely trying to add some humor to this thread and not trying to offend anyone, but I'm sorry if you took it that way.
A tractor is indeed a real life object that is made and based on needs not formulas. As far as social problems of a tractor, there are none, but there appears to be some for an operator.

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #79  
I got the humor and added mine by mentioning about social problems of tractors.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( A tractor is indeed a real life object that is made and based on needs not formulas. )</font>

All tractors may not be based on "needs" - I've seen useless tractors.
But all tractors are made with the "formulas." - Therefore, all of them have errors;) .. like in the real life human-made objects.

/ Diesel HP vs Gasoline HP #80  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( exactly. you only need to run a diesel at about 1700 RPM's for peak HP. A gas engine needs to run wide open, or pretty close... )</font>

In general yes.. but depends on how the engine is designed.

On the flat head 4 cyl engines in the ford N series, max governed rps are 2200... engine developes good usable power around 1300-1500 rpms

Soundguy