Diesel pickup mileage

/ Diesel pickup mileage #51  
Lol maybe you should reread the bottom of chris's post. It wasn't a big slam but apparently he heard chris slip it in before. People get tired of that kind of stuff after a while. ;)

At least one person understands my point. Thanks.

/ Diesel pickup mileage #52  
I just sold my 2004 dodge 5.9 (HO)cummins 305 hp.4X4 with the auto 48re tranny.I had a bully dog down loader,4 inch exhaust,150 gph Fass fuel system,and AFE stage 2 air intake.My mileage was 17-18 mpg city/highway driving.My highway MPG,s were 18-20 mpg doing 55-65 mph on flat ground no head winds.If I went over 65 mph my MPG,s dropped down to 16-17.Hand cal.mileage.I want to add I just bought a 2011 Ford F-250 superduty 4X4 crew cab with the 6.2 gas motor and just went on a 200 mile trip driving 55-65 mph and got around 14.2-14.3 MPG.coobie

/ Diesel pickup mileage #53  
I have a 2500hd 4x4 and i was getting around 19 mpg on the hwy. I installed a bulldog which adds power or decreases power depending on what ur doing and i started useing CA-40 fuel treatment and now getting apox 32mpg hwy
NO WAY.Do a hand cal.on your mileage and see what it is.Some of the downloaders throw your trucks overhead computer mileage figures way off.coobie

/ Diesel pickup mileage #54  
NO WAY.Do a hand cal.on your mileage and see what it is.Some of the downloaders throw your trucks overhead computer mileage figures way off.coobie

100% agree coobie. The mileage indicated by the truck is little more than an electronic vacuum guage. Go down hill and let off of the gas and see what happens...

The only real way to calculate mileage is by hand. The computerized mileage numbers are for entertainment only...Unless you live in Kansas.

/ Diesel pickup mileage #55  
Come on Chris...Is it really necessary to throw an un-necessary, out of context anti-GM diatribe on virtually every post...You got a lemon it appears. Happens to every brand at one time or another, and that includes the imports. I used to work in the service department of an import dealer and I saw them coming in on the hook daily, just like all other brands.

I'm pro GM, always have been and always will be. But I refuse to trash other brands. If there weren't die hard followers of GM, Dodge and Ford, they'd have been gone years ago (economic, management and labor issues aside). I see tons of new Dodges, Fords, Chevy's and GMC's everywhere around here, so there's room in the market for everyone without brand bashing.

I have never had a problem with a GM truck since my '83 Blazer. Once the racing tranny guy figured out GM's mistake on the 700R4, that one was golden too. Lighten up a little.;)
I think Chris is telling it like it is, with no bashing involved. He speaks the truth about the GM diesel. I am on my fourth one and my last one. Fourteen - 17 at best, year models 2001 - 2007, the LB7 and the LBZ engine. GM's mileage on the Duramax is not what one would expect. Stinks actually. If you haven't owned one, don't knock the truth. For me, I couldn't care less. MPG is not my concern with a truck. If you're getting 20 + on a Duramax, count your luck stars. Lest you forget to consider the useless and crappy inherent injector problems with the LB7 engine. Just saying.

/ Diesel pickup mileage
Great info men. I appreciate ALL the replies, it has been a great source of diverse experiences and opinions. The one thing that I can take from it is that I now doubt I will get the high 20 MPG's I was hoping for....but then again, maybe if I am very selective I can "craft" a vehicle that will put me in an mpg range I can live with as a daily driver.

/ Diesel pickup mileage #57  
I think Chris is telling it like it is, with no bashing involved. He speaks the truth about the GM diesel. I am on my fourth one and my last one. Fourteen - 17 at best, year models 2001 - 2007, the LB7 and the LBZ engine. GM's mileage on the Duramax is not what one would expect. Stinks actually. If you haven't owned one, don't knock the truth. For me, I couldn't care less. MPG is not my concern with a truck. If you're getting 20 + on a Duramax, count your luck stars. Lest you forget to consider the useless and crappy inherent injector problems with the LB7 engine. Just saying.

He speaks that about all GM, not just the diesels... Personally I know 7 people with various year DMAX's and none of them have a complaint. They didn't buy them for mileage, they bought them for work. Some people may have had bad experiences, but that doesnt taint an entire brand.

My in laws run everything but GM and I could also give you some stories that would make your hair stand on end. One truck does not a brand make. That's why I don't throw digs at any brand. They all have their issues from time to time.

If there is an argument about fuel mileage, I won't get involved. My 5.3 will do 23mpg at 55MPH on the highway. However, I run it a 80mph+ every day, so I'll live with 17 overall.

/ Diesel pickup mileage #58  
[lol It was an alternator or starter and you had to pull the engine to get it out. dumbest thing I ever saw.
/QUOTE]

Gee, I watched a fellow pull the starter on my Dodge, take it apart, fix the broken connection and put it back in. Think it might have taken 15 minutes?:thumbsup:

/ Diesel pickup mileage #59  
Great info men. I appreciate ALL the replies, it has been a great source of diverse experiences and opinions. The one thing that I can take from it is that I now doubt I will get the high 20 MPG's I was hoping for....but then again, maybe if I am very selective I can "craft" a vehicle that will put me in an mpg range I can live with as a daily driver.

Kennedy Diesel has a great custom ECM tune. I have heard a lot of good feedback on his work. The concept is ideal and the results (from testimony of others) are pleasing.

www.kennedydiesel.com

He has earned a lot of credibility from members here ==> http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/index.php

/ Diesel pickup mileage #60  
I will give you all something to laugh at I have a 1993
F250, 4wd, 5 speed, 411 gears, 7.3 non turbo diesel. I can get a whopping 14mpg tops and that with less than 200 HP. Lots of torque but not a lot of HP. It gets the job done and I have towed a dump trailer with 6 tons of rock. It gets the job done but your not going to impress anybody with neck snapping take offs. The good thing is its like working on a farm tractor and the parts are more reasonable. Good thing it has dual tanks at 14MPG though.