Diesel truck with best MPG

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #262  
The 7.3 engines didn't have any problems at the beginning? Some people are comparing the 7.3 at the end of its run to the 6.0 near the beginning.

P.S.
Before anyone accuses me of being a Ford/6.0 apologist (it happens every time anyone contradicts the prevailing trend of looking longingly at the past), I do not, and have never owned, a Ford.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #263  
There are/were some issues with the 7.3 PSD, just like the 12valve Cummins, just like any other motor. I prefer older engines because they are easier to work on.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #264  
There are/were some issues with the 7.3 PSD, just like the 12valve Cummins, just like any other motor. I prefer older engines because they are easier to work on.

The only issue with the 12v Cummins is the kdp that I am aware of, 7.3 may have had minor issues but nothing like the diesels following them. I love the older diesels also, I have always and will continue to do my own mechanic work, gas and diesel. I also do my own manual transmission and transfer case repairs. Tractors, trucks and cars.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #265  
The 7.3 engines didn't have any problems at the beginning? Some people are comparing the 7.3 at the end of its run to the 6.0 near the beginning, middle and end...

Fixed your post Mike.. :thumbsup:

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #266  
The only issue with the 12v Cummins is the kdp that I am aware of, 7.3 may have had minor issues but nothing like the diesels following them. I love the older diesels also, I have always and will continue to do my own mechanic work, gas and diesel. I also do my own manual transmission and transfer case repairs. Tractors, trucks and cars.

Don't forget the bad blocks and the truck it's in. Dodge is much better now but back when I had one they were two generations behind GM and Ford. Today they are on par but we're talking 15 plus year old trucks here.

Chris

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #267  
The bad '53' blocks were in the 24v trucks 98.5-01, not the 12v. Then not all of them were 53 blocks and not all 53 blocks cracked. Kinda a roll of the dice like the 6.0 Ford.
John

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #269  
Don't forget the bad blocks and the truck it's in. Dodge is much better now but back when I had one they were two generations behind GM and Ford. Today they are on par but we're talking 15 plus year old trucks here.

Chris

Problem is 15 year old trucks are rusted out with holes through the body. Everything else is corroded tight with salt damage.

/ Diesel truck with best MPG #270  
Here's my 15 year old truck. Only has a 5.4L Gas V8, but it gets the job done for me. If I had the 7.3L diesel, I would probably have had to replace the dreaded "rusty oil pan" by now.

Attachments

• image-299774053.jpg
    image-299774053.jpg
    719.1 KB · Views: 147