Tires Diff between R1 and R4 tires?

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #121  
I just traded my Mahindra 3616 Cab for a Mahindra 4025. My 3616 had industrial tires and they filled up fast in the bottom areas. I got the ag tires on the new 4025 and I was able to cut a hillside that before I never cut. Sure it's a bigger heavier tractor but traction is where it's at.

No traction = No go!

Ag tires for me!

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #122  
I'm a newbie to tractors. I haven't even purchased a tractor yet (will be purchasing one within the next two months). Undecided between an kioti ck35 or a dk40 but after reading this tread and others that I have read I will be going with the R4. I will be using the tractor for a general purpose machine (mainly using it around the house with general up keep to the property and anything that I decide I want to have fun doing knowing I have a new tractor to do it with). I have some snow, mud, grass, field, woods ect. From talking to a couple dealers I guess it will cost me about $1000 more to go with the R4s (rears filled). But because I'll be on my grass a lot I feel it will be worth it and best way to go in my situation.

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #124  
I'm a newbie to tractors. I haven't even purchased a tractor yet (will be purchasing one within the next two months). Undecided between an kioti ck35 or a dk40 but after reading this tread and others that I have read I will be going with the R4. I will be using the tractor for a general purpose machine (mainly using it around the house with general up keep to the property and anything that I decide I want to have fun doing knowing I have a new tractor to do it with). I have some snow, mud, grass, field, woods ect. From talking to a couple dealers I guess it will cost me about $1000 more to go with the R4s (rears filled). But because I'll be on my grass a lot I feel it will be worth it and best way to go in my situation.

As you said, you are guessing $1000 more for R4s. I sure hope not. :eek: In fact I thought that it use to be the same price when you bought one of these tractors, but maybe that has changed. :(

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #125  
Check out this video on YouTube:

Ya know, when you take a 200+ hp tractor with duals and mfwd and bury it so deep that the water is up to the cab window and the duals are nowhere in sight, well, I just gotta ask, "What the he!! were they thinking?"
And R1's are much better at not being slicks than R4's.

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #127  
Only R1s could dig that deep. While theyre diggin theyre pullin. Can fool you into another try beyond prudent. ... Sometimes way beyond. I think some of those guys were doing a "stuck" demo.
larry

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #128  
I would like to state for the record that my R4's are the best working tire, and best looking tire because they are what is on my tractor. Should I ever replace those R4's with R1's, the R1's I get will be even better than my R4's that were better than your R1's or R4's that are not the same brand. Please do not attempt to tell me that your tires are better than mine because I assure you they are not, and I really do not enjoy telling everyone else how bad their tire choice was. I hope this clears things up for everyone. In summary, my tires are the best, and your tires are not the best.

Resurrecting this thread because it contains a wonderful post that I have slightly modified to create a time-saving template for posting on TBN:

I would like to state for the record that my ______ is the best because it is what I own. Should I ever replace my ________, my new _________ will be even better than my old ________ which was better than your ________ that is not the same brand. Please do not attempt to tell me that your _______ is better than mine because I assure you it is not, and it's my duty to tell everyone else how bad their choice was. I hope this clears things up for everyone.

I hope this little joke gives you a good laugh, as it did me. We all love our own choices, for sure. :)

Now, let the tire debate resume! :)

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #129  
On our north Florida farms we use rice and cane tires. Deep, wide spaced lugs throw out mud.

/ Diff between R1 and R4 tires? #130  
When did the R numbers become common? We always referred to them by name only: ag, rice, turf, construction.

Bruce

R-tractor-tires.jpg