Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R?

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #11  
20 k is a good price . All I can say is the extra HP the guys are telling you about is worth it only if you have the extra money. All I can say is I have not any problems with the 25 hp . I’m sure there will come a day when I wonder but it has done everything I’ve asked and more . But hey if 6 k means nothing then buy the bigger tractor. I would. 👍

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #12  
We don't really know the OP's needs. 25HP may be just fine for him.

I keep seeing people suggesting go bigger, go higher HP on just about every thread about buying a tractor and then can't fit the tractor where they need to or can't put enough load on the engine to keep the emission stuff happy.

Going bigger is not always better, from experience. I went a little bit too big with my tractor and that required a lot of work on the various orchards I maintain till I could till those orchards up close to the trees. In my case, I knew it was too big but the deal was just too good to pass.

Last edited:
   / Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #13  
He actually asked what was the difference between the H and R, not what tractor to buy.
I tried both, for me it is a day and night, it is why I have what I have ;)

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #14  
Are you going to tell him about your personal experience with yours?

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #15  
He did not ask for experience nor opinions, he asked about the difference, an it was answered already.

And if he want to see performance difference, this is a good start.
BTW. my experience the same

Last edited:
   / Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #16  
My recommendation to a new member is to use the search tool to read what 2515 owners have actually posted about their personal experience with their tractors and then search for what T474 owners have posted.

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #17  
He did not ask for experience nor opinions, he asked about the difference, an it was answered already.

And if he want to see performance difference, this is a good start.
BTW. my experience the same

Ah yes, I love that "test".

Intentionally tanking the results by setting up the hydro in high range. He ended up getting quite a bit of back blast after that "test". Must have had a backlog of gear tractors sitting around not getting sold.

Beautiful.

In low range, as well as medium range, my tractor (hydro) will pull until it loses traction and starts spinning tires, like any other tractor. Regardless of which transmission you have. Then it just comes down to weight, contact patch with the ground, available surface traction and tire type.

Tests are fine, but keep it real world. No need to intentionally fake a test like this. We all know gear tractors lose less power through the drivetrain than hydro will. No need for all this B.S. fakery.

But in the context of this OP's question (with all the extra "commentaries" besides the answer),

If choosing the hydro tractor means your "work" isn't getting done, but the gear tractor gets it, you're looking at too small of tractors anyway. That 15 series should probably be upscaled to something heavier and larger, if you actually do need to pull something so hard.

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #18  
I am an old school guy and wanted a little 25 hp to do odd jobs around the place since I am 82. I went with the Branson 2400 which is a stick shift with a transmission driven PTO.....you have to engage it and then let the clutch out for it to rotate. Additionally I am a big guy and over time it was cramped.

Over time I happened on a LS2 25s which has lots of cockpit room, tilt wheel which solved the get in and out thing and was a hydro with an independent PTO.

Hands down the hydro with the ind. PTO is the way to go regardless of the color for an odd job companion....if you are plowing acreage shuttle shift/synchro geared gets it done in the higher HP categories.

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #19  
Intentionally tanking the results by setting up the hydro in high range. He ended up getting quite a bit of back blast after that "test". Must have had a backlog of gear tractors sitting around not getting sold.
Just curious, how do you know?

/ Difference between the Branson 2515H and the 2515R? #20  
Just curious, how do you know?
Start with post 135 of this thread. There were other threads debating that video. It was a poorly done test.