Buying Advice Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #11  
I think both tractors are a little small for what you mention. Sure, you could dig a foundation with a backhoe on a B2320, but I'd want at least a 2620 for that. Bigger front loader too.

FYI. Engine HP does not = hydraulic capacity. The BH65 has the same capacity on the B2320 to B2920.
IMO.. 3 speed rear on the Kubota is worth its weight in gold. That lower gearing will outpull most tractors by a large margin... of course that number is not on a spec sheet.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #12  
Consider the Kioti CK2510. Mine was 20,000 out the door. More bang for the buck. I was making the same decision as you this past April. 90 hrs on my machine and except for dealer set-up problems it's been outstanding. BH is a very strong digger and it goes on and off in 10-15 min.

Not to muddy the waters for you but yes, if you have a Kioti dealer within driving distance, I would second that you go check them out. Also, they still have the model as listed on their website, is the Slightly smaller CK 20S.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #13  
FYI. Engine HP does not = hydraulic capacity. The BH65 has the same capacity on the B2320 to B2920.
IMO.. 3 speed rear on the Kubota is worth its weight in gold. That lower gearing will outpull most tractors by a large margin... of course that number is not on a spec sheet.

Plus the medium range would be very useful.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #14  
I'm partial to the Mahindra BUT I have to admit sometimes having a mid-range available is of solid value.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #15  
s219: I hadn't thought about going any bigger. Correct me if I'm wrong. Judging by the specs, aren't the 2320, 2620, and 2920 all pretty much the same tractor, w/ differing engine displacements? The loader is bigger on the 2620 and 2920 vs. the 2320, but the backhoe is the same for all three. I seriously think the 23/24 HP range will be plenty for my needs. I might have to check specs and pricing on both brands in the higher HP range. If there isn't a big difference I'll give it more serious consideration. Bigger is always better! Investing this much money, I prefer to buy locally. I feel more comfortable w/ the personal relationship developed during negotiations and subsequent visits for service and parts.

B2320 is a few inches smaller in all dimensions -- I had started shopping for that model but quickly changed to 2620 and 2920 because of size (ultimately went with the 2920). I think there is a misconception that they are all the same tractor except for engine, but that's not the case. The Kubota website has the specs. Of the three, I'd only gravitate to the 2320 if space was tight for some reason. For just a little more money, the 2620 (or new 2601) is a nicer size in my opinion.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #16  
Mahindra- you wont trade it in!

PS- NEVER trade in, add more HP to fleet!!!! :cool2:

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #17  
If you are considering a Mahindra, you might also want to look at LS. I found the LS to be considerably nicer in fit and finish compared to the Mahindra. The have a 3 year bumper to bumper and 5 year powertrain warranty. I bought one new in spring of this year and love the machine!

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #18  
I'd be careful selecting an LS. A couple of their more affordable models I've seen appeared to cut corners with the seat size and material quality. The operator platform flexed visibly under my 200 lbs.

In my area LS corporate appears to be culling dealers. Make sure you find a strong dealer in it for the long haul.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #19  
Seems to be the opposite in my area. Hardly any Mahindra dealers left. One local dealer used to have both Mahindra and LS and within the last 6 months, they only sell LS.

/ Difficult choice: Kubota B2320 or Mahindra Max24 #20  
One of the things I like about the smaller Mahindras is that they're built by Mitsubishi in Japan.

Mitsubishi builds great small tractors and have supplied brands other than Mahindra.

At the moment LS seems to sell on PRICE. On the other hand Mahindra I believe sells based upon VALUE, which for most owners is cheaper in the long run.

To be fair, I do think some of the stronger LS models are decent machines and I bet eventually LS will develop a wider following.