dipper bucket pin price

/ dipper bucket pin price #1  

Cade

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L2650GST
I attempted to grease the backhoe and found that most grease fittings were sheared off, or if they were on they were compacted with debris. I removed most of the pins, cleaned and replaced the pins and fittings with no problem until I got to the dipper pin. Itried to knock the pin out and it shattered? 3/4 of it is still in the link. I will attempt to get it out tomorrow since my 4 year old was getting impatient with me. :D I went online and found that the new pin is $51.40 through Kubota! I think I/m going to by Kubota stocks.

/ dipper bucket pin price #2  
Which backhoe do you have?

If it's a BH90 and if I'm correct, the pin you're talking about is this one: 75595-21510. You're price is right on the target... 50.39$ at TractorSmart. Kind of pricy for a pin though. The pin shattered?... wow, must have been heated. Do you grease it regularly?

/ dipper bucket pin price
I purchased it used and I am finding that the owner was lazy. A large majority of the fittings did not appear to have been greased for a long time. The hoe bucket pin was my very last fitting. It doesn't look like it had grease on for a long time. The pin is for a BL4590. There has to be a cheaper (price) pin other than from the dealers?

/ dipper bucket pin price #4  
I lost a pin on my FEL last summer. Wasn't as dear as the one you need. My brother in law made me one alot faster than the dealer could order it in.
He used hardened steel and took him about ten minutes to produce. Moral of the story ......."do you know any machinist"??? A case of beer is alot cheaper.

/ dipper bucket pin price #5  
copperhead1967 said:
I lost a pin on my FEL last summer. Wasn't as dear as the one you need. My brother in law made me one alot faster than the dealer could order it in.
He used hardened steel and took him about ten minutes to produce. Moral of the story ......."do you know any machinist"??? A case of beer is alot cheaper.
I thought about that (cut a plain steel bar and machine it to get the right diameter) and I have a question for you Copper... does the pin need a zinc coating?... I mean if the ends are bare they'll tend to rust and... I know there's grease between the pin and the bushing but... What about your experience?

/ dipper bucket pin price
the pin is jambed into the bracket and dipper. I was able to move it about 1/4 inch and that was it. It looks like the pin was shattered a while ago and the bracket has a slight bend to it.

I may try to heat it and then give it a few wacks with the hammer. The next step is to take it to a machine shop to get it pressed, drilled or forced out. I do plan on having them make me a pin. Hopefully this will be cheaper than buying new. My 1st concern is getting the %%^& pin out of the dipper and bracket. Always something!

/ dipper bucket pin price #7  
to be honet, I am surprised its that inexpensive. The cost of those pins for mid sizsed excavators is well into the hundreds of dollars.

/ dipper bucket pin price #8  
MessickFarmEqu said:
to be honet, I am surprised its that inexpensive. The cost of those pins for mid sizsed excavators is well into the hundreds of dollars.

Yeah - no kidding! I wonder if bushings are that cheap too? Honestly - it can be 200 bucks for 3 bushings and 150 for one pin. A hoe may have 30 or more bushings and a dozen pins. Now what do you think of the lazy prior owner?

I had pins made - pretty cheap. Use 4140 cold roll steel. It can be heat treated to make it hard. It's pretty durable as is.

jb

/ dipper bucket pin price #9  
That is not that bad I just completely pin and bushed a Kobelco sko35 excavator and had over $3000 in them all and that was just a bit over cost because I work for a dealer!

/ dipper bucket pin price #10  
With Kubota using drilled pins with the center grease fittings they are more expensive then the style with no fitting or drilled center holes, but they are no higher priced for that style pin then anyone elses.

When maintained properly they give you far less troubles and a lower overall cost of maintence.