dipper bucket pin price

/ dipper bucket pin price
The pin was stuck fast inside the link. I took it to a machine shop to see if they could take care of the problem and to make me a new pin. Can you believe that they said they couldn't fix it (without trying) ? They also said it would be cheaper to buy a pin from the dealer (kubota dealer) than to make a pin. I used to work in machine/fabricating shop years ago; I know how easy it would have been with the proper tools/equipment to fix this problem. Anyway, a friend of mine brought his oxy/acetaline torch and he heated the link. The bolt came out without any real effort. Within two minutes the pin was out. He also had a King pin from a truck that he brought with him. The King Pin is hardened steel and exactly the length I need. I just have to get it turned down a few mm to fit and have a 3/8'' hole drilled for the bolt. The best part is not only did the issue get resolved, but my buddy gave me his torch and tanks! Plus he has a mig welder that he is giving me ! Now I wish I didn't sell all my welding tools, apron, hood etc a few years ago. I guess replacing those items is slightly less than buying a welder and torch.:cool:

/ dipper bucket pin price #12  
Does he need a new buddy?

jb

/ dipper bucket pin price #13  
Sounds like your buddy is in need of a tractor. He's just buttering you up:D

Glad you got everything fixed. Any pics?

do you want pics of the bucket/ bolt or the torch?:D

FYI I finally got the pin last week. I paid only $23.00. Apparently there is a new style pin that superceeds the old pin of $51. Back to work digging up stumps and rocks.

/ dipper bucket pin price #16  
I bought two new pins for my L35TLB backhoe bucket and they were $112 a piece. I dread trying to take the old ones out.