Dipstick heater

/ Dipstick heater #1  

pigdoc

Tractor
JD 2025R, Kubota ZD28
JD2025, is a dipstick heater any good for cold weather starts in Iowa? Thanks in advance.

/ Dipstick heater #2  
Better than nothing. Do you park inside ? Synthetic oil will also help it turn over easy.

/ Dipstick heater #3  
I would agree with Peter.

Better than nothing...

Barely.

/ Dipstick heater #4  
I was thinking of getting one a few years back then I found out that nobody is selling them anymore because of s risk of them causing a fire.

/ Dipstick heater
Housed inside, block heater quit working.

/ Dipstick heater #6  
Bought one once and thought about it and never used it. This is before synthetic oil. Might work okay in synthetic, as it will take higher temps, but doubt it will do much. You'd probably do better with a little electric space heater turned on 15 to 30 minutes ahead of time, particularly if it'll fit underneath.

Ralph

/ Dipstick heater #10  
They are not better than nothing. They cook the oil that contacts the element and do not heat the rest enough to help.

This... A block heater is much better or if that's too hard to replace. Get a radiator hose heater. Warming the coolant does a much better job of warming the engine. A cold engine cools the fuel air mix that you're trying to heat in a diesel engine. Remember... It's the compressed air that ignites the diesel fuel.