Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC
As this is a DESIGN FLAW, or at least an oversignt, on the part of KTC and one that occurs with normal use and often early in life, KTC should bear *some* responsibility.

What was I expecting? A communication, acknowledging the concern and at the bear minimum a copy of the bulletin outlining the fix. So far, we have nothing.

What was I hoping for? A letter in the post acknowledging the concern and another to present to a dealer offering the kit at cost.

If KTC was *really* customer-centric, what do I believe they would have done? Provided a letter, followed up by a phone call (they have our home and my cell #) instructing me where to take our tractor to have it repaired with the parts provided by KTC - just as they have done for hundreds, if not thousands of others. Alternately, send me the kit and I will install it at the next major, which is due in 13 hours.

you've still not answered exactly why your emailing Kubota and what your asking of them?

I think I explained it well enough.

/ Disapointed with KTC #32  
Do I understand this right? Is this tractor 10 years old? Just checking, I am just not as sopfisticated as some.

/ Disapointed with KTC #33  
Just to clear something up. From what I understand, you purchased the unit second hand. If that is the case, you are NOT A KUBOTA CUSTOMER! You are a customer of the person from whom you purchased the unit. Why should KTC spend money on you to "keep you happy" when you have not purchased a tractor from them (and don't give me the crap about "I buy parts and service from thier dealers"). If you think you were cheated or wronged, talk to the person who sold you the unit. It is not the manufacturers responsiblity to fix everything that goes wrong forever. Get over it and move on. Just my 2 cents.

/ Disapointed with KTC #34  
Just to clear something up. From what I understand, you purchased the unit second hand. If that is the case, you are NOT A KUBOTA CUSTOMER! You are a customer of the person from whom you purchased the unit. Why should KTC spend money on you to "keep you happy" when you have not purchased a tractor from them (and don't give me the crap about "I buy parts and service from thier dealers"). If you think you were cheated or wronged, talk to the person who sold you the unit. It is not the manufacturers responsiblity to fix everything that goes wrong forever. Get over it and move on. Just my 2 cents.

Texas Fella said it perfectly, if you are so sophisticated buy the parts, fix it and move on with your life.

/ Disapointed with KTC #35  
Problems like this cause me to buy NEW not USED! As was stated, you were the customer of the previous owner. Something about all this just don't smell right to me. You should take it up with the person who sold it to you!

/ Disapointed with KTC

Keep your change....

You presume I have not purchased anything from KTC, you would be in error. I AM a customer of KTC, well, was.

Thinking like yours, will get you and your employer in the same boat as KTC. Deinal, obfuscation, lies and ignoring the "customer" will not help garner new sales. When they have worked their way thru all of the potential customers, they will cease to gain any market share.

The best part is, we were going to upgrade either this fall or next spring to a slightly larger (orange) unit, not now. I could not purchase another KTC product KNOWING that basic courtesy is not a part of their business model.

/ Disapointed with KTC
Texas Fella said it perfectly, if you are so sophisticated buy the parts, fix it and move on with your life.

I truely hope you never had a Ford Mustang, Windstar, Thunderbird, or other Ford product with the dreaded 3.8L headgasket problem. Just another prime example of a defect the OEM never actually dealt with, they just passed them thru until someone couldn't afford to fix it because it wasn't going to be Ford (or Kubota) that was responsible for THEIR mistake.

You also apparently mised the point, it is not that anyone *expected* any monitary or other actual support form KTC, just that they acknowledge a customer's concern/problem with THEIR PRODUCT. Actual help with the repair would have been clear evidence of KTC's commitment to their brand and customers, not just basic courtesy.

/ Disapointed with KTC #38  
Then do not buy another orange tractor. I am sure that will really get their attention. I have worked with several tractor companies and KTC is the easiest to talk to. Sorry you had an issue with getting through to them, but it happens some times. I do get so tired of hearing people say that they were treated wrong and they will go do business somewhere else, and the company who treated them wrong will go under.....bla bla bla. If you are really bothered by KTC not talking to you then call the corporate office and talk to someone, the number is on their website. Otherwise, no matter how sophisticated you think you are, you are just making yourself look like a whinny little girl.

/ Disapointed with KTC #39  
Who's the customer. I have nothing specific to add to help the original poster, but do have one comment based on other comments here.

1. If one buys a new tractor from Kubota you are a Kubota customer.
2. IMHO, if you buy a used tractor from a Kubota dealer or another individual you are still a Kubota customer. It seems illogical to me to stay that since I bought, say, a 2 year old tractor with 50 hours on it from my neighbor then Kubota does not need to help me with issues.

Many car manufactures will stand behind their products for the lifetime of the vehicle. I recall buying a used 1996 Toyota 4Runner in the early 2000's and a year later the head gasket on one side blew. I called the dealer and was told there was a recall for that and even though I was not the original owner they fixed it for free. In fact, they did both sides (it was a 3.8L V-6).

Just my .02.

Tom

/ Disapointed with KTC #40  
To the OP, you want someone to acknowledge your problem. With the sue happy public, no company will acknowledge a problem unless they intend to fix it (and many just weigh the financial risk of fixing the problem (costs xx dollars) vs. ignoring the problem (costs xx dollars)). I doubt you would ever get a response in writing at least. You might get someone to admit they had an issue talking in person.

Perhaps in your case, it is cheaper for them to ignore fixing the problem. I expect there are many owners of the same tractor as yours that do not have a problem (or at least do know they have a problem).

If you don't like your local Kubota dealer, then don't buy another orange tractor. If the dealer is a good one, then evaluate orange along with the rest when the time comes.