Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC #41  
Just an observation, if I followed through with "I will never buy another (insert brand/tractor/truck/appliance, gun etc. here)", I would be farming with my bare hands, hunting with a rock living in a cave as I once had a mule with which we had problems and a shovel I bought once broke and I have had a few guns that misfired once or twice.

I have had problems with John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson and Ford, but would still buy one.

/ Disapointed with KTC #42  
I would say your options are, live with it as is, fix it yourself, or sell/ trade it in towards another brand. My personal opinion is the original owner should have gotten the issue fixed. When they didn't the dealer figured the problem was fixed and moved on. Now the tractor is long out of warranty (I know of no tractor companies that have a warranty that would still be in effect after this many years) getting Kubota to work on it was always going to be an up hill battle. It's too bad but that's why they offer warranties with an amount of time attached to them.

/ Disapointed with KTC #43  
I think I'm seeing why you did not get a response... your expectations are simply unreasonable, and your asking for services that are provided by the dealer network. Kubota does not send parts directly to anyone, provide bullitins, etc, etc. you need to go though a dealer to do that. Thats what we do.

Personaly, I'd never expect any company to owe me anything for a 10 year old, 2nd hand whatchmigiggy.

/ Disapointed with KTC #44  
On a final note as soon as you declare to any manufacturer that you will no longer purchase another one of there products, they have lost all incentive to work with you on your current one. If you really want to pursue this go to your dealer look them in the eye and ask for there help. When you are there don't tell them that you will never buy another orange tractor.

/ Disapointed with KTC #45  
On a final note as soon as you declare to any manufacturer that you will no longer purchase another one of there products, they have lost all incentive to work with you on your current one. If you really want to pursue this go to your dealer look them in the eye and ask for there help. When you are there don't tell them that you will never buy another orange tractor.

As a general rule, I agree with the above. No one (IMO) can say whether it will work here, but I do think the above is sound advice. My .02--YMMV.

My Hoe

/ Disapointed with KTC #46  
When hoping for a goodwill adjustment there needs to be at least the hope of future transactions.

Many outcomes are determined by approach... I've known people that have the ability to convince just about anyone of anything in such a way as not to become offensive... maybe a pest that won't go away or in such a way that the person will go the extra mile to satisfy.

The same is true when someone comes in demanding and abrasive... no one wants to get involved and everyone runs for the hills.

When I did Lemon Law Arbitration cases... some consumers were their own worst enemy...

/ Disapointed with KTC #48  
I like old Wheel Horse Garden Tractors. I know where one is with the Onan motor blown. If I purchase it, will Wheel Horse provide me with a new motor? The cost of refurbing otherwise would be prohibitive. After all they did make the thing 30-40 years ago and should provide warranty service.

/ Disapointed with KTC #49  
Personaly, I'd never expect any company to owe me anything for a 10 year old, 2nd hand whatchmigiggy.

Neil...salesmen like to say things like "they never break, just run them and enjoy or "I've never seen any problems with bla bla" or "they last forever" I can think of hundreds of other "sayings", but when the truth comes out all of a sudden the line changes to "you know, it's pretty old what do you expect" It's a salesman's double standard that encompasses nearly all items sold. The fact is many people with problems never discover them if they don't use the tractor under the conditions that cause the trouble to show itself, these companies hope time will run out and people will go away. The fact that Kubota put out a fix for the steering problem shows they recognized it as a problem. Rather than hide in the parts manual as an "option" they should have recalled or sent notices to owners. I don't believe K ever did that according to my local dealer. When recalls are sent out it doesn't matter how many owners a product has had and I doubt the age matters either. If one buys a used car that had a recall but the work was never done, the second hand buyer is just as able to get that work done as the original purchaser. This is a widespread problem throughout the product manufacturing world, deny everything if it is deemed cheaper to ignore. Funny the OP mentioned Ford 3.8 head gaskets. I had one of those that failed, it was a 1996 Ford. The 1995 and previous were recalled for the exact problem and they claimed it was fixed in 96, a reason I bought. I found later through my own research the only change was they doubled the head bolt torque spec. The real design problem was the combustion chamber was too close to a water jacket in the head gasket and would burn through causing the combustion to enter the water system. It was never fixed and I'll assume hundreds of thousands got screwed by Ford who never did anything about it. I have a similar problem with a 2003 Honda Odyssey where the transmissions are junk and Honda extended the warranty on the prior years due to failure (after a law suit) then claimed it was fixed with their "new 5 speed" yeah right... look at Consumer Reports under 2003 Honda Odyssey transmissions, solid black circles, yet Honda has refused to fix them. In a couple more years that bad rating will be gone from the CR books and new buyers will never know. I bought mine new and at 30k miles it showed signs of failure (dark sludgy looking fluid) but Honda did nothing because it didn't set off any computer codes. It cost me over 4k last year to replace a transmission I complained about during the warranty period and Honda refused to do anything. This is the game they all play, very few companies deserve any respect. Honda and Ford are at the top of my personal list of companies not deserving of business, I'm sure others have their own list. In Fords case I've seen so many problems over the years I can truly say NEVER again will I buy into "we've fixed the problems of the past".

/ Disapointed with KTC #50  
I'm 50 years old, and have purchased two new tractors. The first being a Cub Cadet, the second being my Massey. I expect and have received warranty repairs, and/or recall repairs.

I've purchased countless used ones, but never have I looked to the manufacture for a needed repair.
Buyer Beware is the motto on used.

If KTC works with you, it is out of the graciousness of their hearts.
They are not legally bound to work with you, nor, should it be expected.