Disc furnaces vs ceramic heaters..

/ Disc furnaces vs ceramic heaters.. #21  
All very accurate, but if you have a home with radiant hot water or steam heat it isn't practical to retrofit a whole house duct system to incorporate an air cleaner. Getting some of the chunks out can't possibly hurt. :cool::cool:

Agreed. However, what you pay for compared to the actual performace can leave you scratching your head. Also note that when you get below the mason dixon line, more boilers are being taken out than put in:D

Ironic that the U.S is one of the only markets in the world that use "conventional ductwork" to move air in residential applications.

/ Disc furnaces vs ceramic heaters.. #22  
Agreed. However, what you pay for compared to the actual performace can leave you scratching your head. Also note that when you get below the mason dixon line, more boilers are being taken out than put in:D

Ironic that the U.S is one of the only markets in the world that use "conventional ductwork" to move air in residential applications.

What do they do in the rest of the world for residential applications HPHV ductwork:confused::confused:

A guy I worked with from Russia gave me plans for a typical heating system that they used in his area. A very big pile of rocks in the center of the building with a very hot wood fire to heat it up.:D:D:D:D

/ Disc furnaces vs ceramic heaters.. #23  
What do they do in the rest of the world for residential applications HPHV ductwork:confused::confused:

Ductless mini splits.

Keep in mind, dealing with both heating and cooling, you run a "wide range" of product and applications. The U.S in itself is a prime example of the "variety". Not many basements in the south:D

I almost fell over dead when I worked with one engineer and he told me that Montreal is a HUGE heat pump market.

A guy I worked with from Russia gave me plans for a typical heating system that they used in his area. A very big pile of rocks in the center of the building with a very hot wood fire to heat it up.:D:D:D:D

A Russian fireplace:D

/ Disc furnaces vs ceramic heaters.. #24  
:eek:
Ductless mini splits.

Keep in mind, dealing with both heating and cooling, you run a "wide range" of product and applications. The U.S in itself is a prime example of the "variety". Not many basements in the south:D

I almost fell over dead when I worked with one engineer and he told me that Montreal is a HUGE heat pump market.

A Russian fireplace:D

I probably still have the design book somewhere. It seemed kind if ironic at the time.:eek::eek:

We were working as field engineers at a Nuclear power plant yet we were investigating heating our houses with a big pile of rocks and bricks with a wood fire.:eek::eek::eek:

It is actually a refined design with mulitple flue gas passages, it is designed to act as a thermal flywheel, it is fired hard for a short period of time and the rest of the time it just radiates heat into the building.:cool::cool:

At the time I was heating my house with an air tight wood stove that I had designed and built with primary and secondary combustion air pre-heat. :cool:

My Russian friend Gregory Pressma was amazed that in this country it was so easy to get the tools and materials for such a project. He was not used to the concept of being able to buy almost anything you need without resorting to black market suppliers. He did some remodeling in his apartment in Russia and it was a major undertaking just getting water and sewer piping for his remodel job. He spent months just gathering the supplies.

For a person to own their own welder and cutting torches is very rare where he came from. We live in a great country. He was very happy to move here with his wife. He used to send packages back home with bags of sugar and new pairs of Levi's jeans. The Levi's were very valuable and could be traded for other things his family needed. Ever once in a while they didn't make it through the post office in Russia. :eek::eek: