Ditch Witch!

/ Ditch Witch! #11  
Using ether to start an engine can be catastrophic. If you absolutely have to spray it into the intake to get it to fire, it's best to have the engine turning over before you start the spray. At least then it sucks the explosive juice in to all cylinders. You get it loaded in one cyl. and you may be finding pistons that come apart (quicker).

/ Ditch Witch! #12  
Carbon is actually a great conductor in most forms. Brushes for brushed motors are made out of it.

/ Ditch Witch! #13  
Carbon is actually a great conductor in most forms. Brushes for brushed motors are made out of it.
Want to cause someone some problems...take a lead (graphite/carbon) pencil and make a bunch of marks on the porcelain part of a spark plug...hehehe...!

/ Ditch Witch! #14  
Want to cause someone some problems...take a lead (graphite/carbon) pencil and make a bunch of marks on the porcelain part of a spark plug...hehehe...!
Or draw a line to all the posts on the old style distributor cover

/ Ditch Witch! #15  
That DW is awesome! When you get done with your garage trenching you should be able to make a good sale on it. :thumbsup:

/ Ditch Witch! #16  
It looks like you got a very good deal in spite of some of the jury rigged attempted fixes you found. I'm glad you found suitable spark plug wires, automotive type are all carbon to prevent interference with radio frequencies and computer components. I understand how it put you in an uncomfortable position with the wires being one with the cap, probably costly to replace.
That having been said, they serve the purpose well, I put an automotive set on my TO 35 five or six years ago and they work fine.
I will be following your project, I should do something similar, I get tired of stringing multiple extension cords to the sheds to keep the batteries in shape.

/ Ditch Witch! #17  
Carbon tracking used to cause problems in distributor caps.

/ Ditch Witch!
Minor repairs and this thing rocks. Moved at a good speed too.

2CEE24C8-1B39-4D4C-991A-360FBE86A42C.jpeg7DE0CF24-60C7-4277-8000-B3DFB4451BAD.jpeg6944AE7C-6F56-4030-8805-85876E46E68E.jpeg