DK35SE knocking

/ DK35SE knocking
This is what the service person told him on the phone: "Due to sea level changes from where it was built compared to where it is now- the engine could have jumped time."

Keep in mind- we are located in central Mississippi, about 300'- 400' above sea level. What do you guys think?

He' taking it to the dealer after work today. I'll keep you guys informed.

/ DK35SE knocking #12  
This is what the service person told him on the phone: "Due to sea level changes from where it was built compared to where it is now- the engine could have jumped time."

Keep in mind- we are located in central Mississippi, about 300'- 400' above sea level. What do you guys think?

He' taking it to the dealer after work today. I'll keep you guys informed.

Ha ha yeah right. How could the sea level cause something that's mechanically driven to jump time? Even if it did jump time it just would'nt run right. I can't see how that could cause the bottom end to start hammering.

/ DK35SE knocking #13  
Completely ridiculous. Are you sure you want this guy tearing into the engine? Sounds like a moron.

/ DK35SE knocking
There is NO WAY I would settle for anything less than a brand new engine. I'm not sure I would even take it back to that dealer after they said that. Scratch that- I know I wouldn't take it back there.

Here's the deal with the dealer he bought it from. This business started out about 12 years ago selling bass boats and the like. They expanded into 4 wheelers a few years later. There was a big shop fire that shut them down for a few months. A second shop fire happened a couple of years after the first one.

If it was me, I would pay an attorney a few hundred bucks to write some letters. In the end, my satisfaction would be worth it. The guy that bought the tractor walked in there and plopped down cash money and walked out with the keys and title. I feel for him.

/ DK35SE knocking #15  
Please keep us posted. I too would find a new dealer, and demand nothing less than a new engine.

:)

/ DK35SE knocking #16  
whoa, jumped timing due to what? litttle green men from mars? I don't think so. A knock from deep within sounds lethal. Plus white smoke, can't be good.

/ DK35SE knocking #17  
I think we are still getting to far ahead of the game here...
People say the darnedest things sometimes I would believe the person that made that comment more than likely isn't the tech a that shop.
I still think I would wait for the out come before everyone votes on lawyers, new tractors, and new engines.

/ DK35SE knocking #18  
People say the darnedest things sometimes I would believe the person that made that comment more than likely isn't the tech a that shop.
I still think I would wait for the out come before everyone votes on lawyers, new tractors, and new engines.

Gotta agree with Rick, go through the process, you've got a new machine and a 4 year warranty.

If your dealer does not fix to your satisfaction, there is another who will.

I'd work closely with corporate if you've got dealer concerns.

Joel

/ DK35SE knocking #19  

I agree to a certain point, wait and see. However, if it does turn out to be a crank, why should someone settle for a turned crank, in a new tractor? Send the engine back, put in a replacement and let the R&D guys disect it to see what went wrong. We all know for a fact that other colours have done this before.
Not too much to ask, is it??

/ DK35SE knocking #20  
I can assure you that if it is a failed crank it will not be turned.
Kioti does not offer a under or over size bearing.
Not only that but if there is a major failure Kioti/DaeDong will more than likely want the complete engine back.
Especially with that low of hours