DK35SE knocking

/ DK35SE knocking
I can assure you that if it is a failed crank it will not be turned.
Kioti does not offer a under or over size bearing.
Not only that but if there is a major failure Kioti/DaeDong will more than likely want the complete engine back.
Especially with that low of hours

Thanks for that info sir.

/ DK35SE knocking #22  
i will gaurantee that KIOTI will put a engine in your tractor and make it right. People need to understand that engines are assembled by hand and there is always room for a mistake they are only human, so i believe that everyone should keep a level head and let the dealer contact KIOTI and see what they will do. THEY WILL MAKE IT RIGHT I QUARUNTEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ DK35SE knocking #23  
lets hope so........I'm sure everyone here has had some issue with a new piece of equipment, be it car, truck, tractor, etc where a major component has failed, and the dealer/mfg attempted, or actually did gob up some repaired item, or rebuilt item to pawn off on the customer, rather than doing what is right and replacing the component (in this case possibly an entire engine). Sure, folks are jumping the gun and assuming the worst sometimes, as you say, we'll wait and see what the resolution is. But even if the engine is replaced the shock of having new equipment fail with few hours is hugely disappointing to the buyer. But, in the real world stuff happens. Lets hope for a quick and positive resolution.

/ DK35SE knocking
The head was pulled yesterday. A lock washer was found on top of a piston. The dealer is contacting Kioti for the next step.

/ DK35SE knocking #25  
well, looks to me like a new engine is going to be on the menu. whatever damage that washer did not do, whatever it came off of did the rest......

/ DK35SE knocking
The dealer confirmed that Kioti would be installing a new engine. Corporate wants the bad one back! I'll bet someone at the factory will be given a talking to about this.

/ DK35SE knocking #27  
I had an S-10 onetime that had a 2 inch stud get on top of a piston and crack the block and bust the piston. I know where the stud came from, but the stud could bot have gotten into the engine in at least a month if not more of driving. That was the last time the air cleaner was removed to allow entry of the stud.

The lockwasher could have come out of the air cleaner assy, intake tube between the air cleaner and the intake manifold, could have been in the head laying in the intae runner to the cylinder, then the valve opened and in the washer came. It was probably one of those one in a million kind of things that happended. Meaning the engine did not fail because of mechanical problem of the engine itself. The engine failed because of the lockwasher being sucked into the engine and thus causing the damage.

They will have you fixed up in a jiffy.