DK40 cranking but not starting

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #21  
Not to confuse you more but this is how my Kubota L3010 solenoid works. With no power , key off, the fuel solenoid is open. Start the tractor and run it nothing happens with the solenoid - stays open. When you turn the key off to shut down the Fuel Shut-Off Timer Relay closes for about 5 or 10 seconds which applies 12 V to the solenoid valve and closes it to kill the fuel supply and stop the engine. The engine stops before the timer relay opens back up at which time the valve returns to it's normally open position. If the electronic stop system fails there is a mechanical emergency stop lever on the dash.

Seems like this might explain your POWER OFF TIMER RELAY ??????
Too bad it is so hard to get info. You would think a good dealer would be more helpful explaining how things are supposed to work.

gg

/ DK40 cranking but not starting
... When you turn the key off to shut down the Fuel Shut-Off Timer Relay closes for about 5 or 10 seconds which applies 12 V to the solenoid valve and closes it to kill the fuel supply and stop the engine. The engine stops before the timer relay opens back up at which time the valve returns to it's normally open position. ...

Seems like this might explain your POWER OFF TIMER RELAY ??????

Understood. However my tractor has always stopped immediately when the ignition key is switched off.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #23  
The system he describes would do that. The timer waits the 10 seconds when the engine should be off, then opens up the solenoid again. Otherwise it would be energized the whole time the tractor is parked with the key off, running down the battery.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #24  
The system he describes would do that. The timer waits the 10 seconds when the engine should be off, then opens up the solenoid again. Otherwise it would be energized the whole time the tractor is parked with the key off, running down the battery.
And that's the setup my DK 35 has.
I thought the DK 40 was the same setup as the 35.

This morning while in town I dropped into the service agency and discussed the situation with the 'chief mechanic'.

He thought the blue wire is 'probably an earth' but wasn't very sure. Asked him for a proper service manual for this tractor but his reply was negative.

He said most likely it's the rack stuck in the closed position.

Vince, when I had my DK35 the engine also stopped immediately upon turning off the ignition. Sounds like different tractor for different countries, but same model numbers.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #26  
Vince, when I had my DK35 the engine also stopped immediately upon turning off the ignition. Sounds like different tractor for different countries, but same model numbers.
My tractor shuts down immediately when the key is turned off and it has the shutdown setup mentioned above.
The shutdown only activates for a few seconds once the key is turned off then powers down after a few seconds and returns to the open position.
I'm almost certain the DK 40 used the same setup.

Continued...

About the solenoid, there is a few ohms resistance between ground and the pin on the socket to which the red wire connects. Means there is something inside but nothing on the pin connecting to the blue wire. Nothing measured between the two pins either.

Have been trying to figure out where the other end of those two wires go... no luck yet. Difficult working conditions in the blazing hot sun.

Circuit diagram is next to useless.

Q1: Anyone know what that lever is for in the attached photo?
Q2: That solenoid is attached with two bolts, anyone has any experience removing it and see what's inside?

Attachments

• Photo 4.JPG
    Photo 4.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
   / DK40 cranking but not starting #28  
On the Bosch pump that lever would be the manual shutdown lever. It's in the same location on your pump, next to the cutoff solenoid. The Bosch manual says that it may not be connected to a linkage, and it's not on my 3725.

On the Bosch pump that lever would be the manual shutdown lever. It's in the same location on your pump, next to the cutoff solenoid. The Bosch manual says that it may not be connected to a linkage, and it's not on my 3725.

In the position shown, would that be fuel off, or fuel on position? Does the position change when you start your engine? (I never took notice of it).

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #30  
This morning while in town I dropped into the service agency and discussed the situation with the 'chief mechanic'.

He thought the blue wire is 'probably an earth' but wasn't very sure. Asked him for a proper service manual for this tractor but his reply was negative.

He said most likely it's the rack stuck in the closed position.

I think you will see this info as good news.
100 td pm'd me a link where Kioti manuals are available for low cost download

Kioti Tractor Service Manuals PDF Download

It cost me $14 Canadian for what seems to be a high quality WSM for a DK40

It is copy protected. The illustrations are very clear.

I have just started to look it over re your problem but I think it would be a great resource for you or anyone else with a Kioti.

Dave M7040