DK40 cranking but not starting

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #31  
I don't know which position is which (and it might be different for your pump than the Bosch I have manuals for). On the Bosch it's spring loaded in the run position.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #32  
Straight from the Kioti DK40 WSM.
xpGaEOJ.jpg

I think you should thank another member from downunder for finding the site with the WSM's

I could not find anything in North American searches

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/100-td.html
Dave M7040

Last edited:
   / DK40 cranking but not starting
Straight from the Kioti DK40 WSM.
xpGaEOJ.jpg

I think you should thank another member from downunder for finding the site with the WSM's

I could not find anything in North American searches

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/members/100-td.html
Dave M7040

I did contact that site for a manual. No response.

Engine does not start when cool:
Ambiguous - does not say if the engine is cranking. It did not start when warm either. I am having difficulty locating the 'timer relay', due to useless manual. Still work in progress.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #34  
I did contact that site for a manual. No response.

Engine does not start when cool:
Ambiguous - does not say if the engine is cranking. It did not start when warm either. I am having difficulty locating the 'timer relay', due to useless manual. Still work in progress.

To be absolutely clear, the site for the manuals you have to pay for is:

Kioti Tractor Service Manuals PDF Download

This is where I went and paid them $14 Canadian to download the manual for your tractor so I could try to be of more help to you.

The other link was so you could contact "100 td" and thank him for coming up with this source of manuals. I am an experienced searcher and all I could find searching Kioti was "go to your dealer," whether it was just for an operators manual, parts diagram, or other technical material

I know you are frustrated but don't direct it at the wrong person. You bought the Kioti! Knowing what you do now, likely you would have selected a more supported and known brand.

This is the material from the WSM concerning fuses. I draw your attention to the connection between a signal light timer circuit and the timer relay.
EVk5udo.jpg

I have marked up a portion of the wiring diagram trying to show you where the Timer Relay gets it power and signal inputs.
I hope my highlighters show up well enough.
I see engine temp input (hydronic temp sensor) & engine vacuum sensor input. I see the Timer relay is served by two fuses. A 25 amp one tied into the turn signal circuit and a 10 amp one coming from the key switch in several positions.

I suggest as a basic step you check the 10 amp and 25 amp fuses. Not just visually but with a meter or test light.

3xkESiK.jpg

This link to Tractorjoe will show you what a tmer relay looks like and its cost
T434-6243 - Relay, Timer for Kioti Tractors | TractorJoe.com
This youtube video is for a different model of Kioti but around the 4:30 time in the video you can see where this relay is likely located.
Replacing Kioti Dx35/45 Timer Relay - YouTube

Dave M7040

Thanks Dave, very much appreciated.

Will study the info you provided carefully. At least today me and my neighbour pulled the tractor to the front of the shed, making it a lot easier to examine things.

Will also follow the link for a decent manual.

Tony.

Downloaded the manual (DK40), but it's almost identical to what I have already.

My engine is significantly different from that shown in the manual especially in relation to the solenoid. I am thinking Kioti made a special engine for Australia but not providing any service manual.

On the engine side of the firewall there are a number of relays, but the printing is unreadable. According to my old manual, the timer relay is on the engine side of the firewall, just have to figure out which one. I am reluctant to pull apart the instrument panel until more confident that's where it actually is.

My neighbour turned the PTO switch to Manual (careless) and left it there... battery drained empty. He has a tractor himself but does not know what a PTO is.

Just a bad day...

:D :D

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #37  

My engine is significantly different from that shown in the manual especially in relation to the solenoid. I am thinking Kioti made a special engine for Australia but not providing any service manual.

On the engine side of the firewall there are a number of relays, but the printing is unreadable. According to my old manual, the timer relay is on the engine side of the firewall, just have to figure out which one. I am reluctant to pull apart the instrument panel until more confident that's where it actually is.

My neighbour turned the PTO switch to Manual (careless) and left it there... battery drained empty. He has a tractor himself but does not know what a PTO is.

Just a bad day...

In around 2005 Kioti changed some of the pumps and put the fuel shutdown solenoid in the front of the pump.
Those are the pumps that had issues of not starting (some 2005-2008 models) due to stripped gears in the pump.
From the pictures your pump could be that setup, its certainly different than my DK 35 and the older model 40 (My DK 35 and the older model 40 had a different pump and shutdown solenoid setup, like the one in your service manual)
Do a search and you can read all about the pump issues and not starting on the 2005-2008 models on this site.

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #38  

Just a bad day...

This is am image of a Kioti Timer relay.

of9W8rO.jpg

There are a number of Kioti videos on youtube which show the relay on the right side of the dash area.

Dave M7040

/ DK40 cranking but not starting #39  

Suggest you send an email to the on line company at the e-mail address which you received from them with the link to the download file.
support@cbssm.com

If you agree to delete the material, they will refund all your money.

Dave M7040

To be absolutely clear, the site for the manuals you have to pay for is:

Kioti Tractor Service Manuals PDF Download

This is where I went and paid them $14 Canadian to download the manual for your tractor so I could try to be of more help to you.

The other link was so you could contact "100 td" and thank him for coming up with this source of manuals. I am an experienced searcher and all I could find searching Kioti was "go to your dealer," whether it was just for an operators manual, parts diagram, or other technical material

I know you are frustrated but don't direct it at the wrong person. You bought the Kioti! Knowing what you do now, likely you would have selected a more supported and known brand.

This is the material from the WSM concerning fuses. I draw your attention to the connection between a signal light timer circuit and the timer relay.
EVk5udo.jpg

I have marked up a portion of the wiring diagram trying to show you where the Timer Relay gets it power and signal inputs.
I hope my highlighters show up well enough.
I see engine temp input (hydronic temp sensor) & engine vacuum sensor input. I see the Timer relay is served by two fuses. A 25 amp one tied into the turn signal circuit and a 10 amp one coming from the key switch in several positions.

I suggest as a basic step you check the 10 amp and 25 amp fuses. Not just visually but with a meter or test light.

3xkESiK.jpg

This link to Tractorjoe will show you what a tmer relay looks like and its cost
T434-6243 - Relay, Timer for Kioti Tractors | TractorJoe.com
This youtube video is for a different model of Kioti but around the 4:30 time in the video you can see where this relay is likely located.
Replacing Kioti Dx35/45 Timer Relay - YouTube

Dave M7040

Today I disassembled the instument panel giving me access to 7 relays.

In the video, where the guy shows the Timer Relay, I have a 'Flasher Unit'. I am still unable to identify the location of the Timer Relay.

From left to right:

1. ? Unreadable
2. A114013 DECO (no idea what it means or does)
3. ? Unreadable
4. A S S 'Y FFT CONTROLLER (can anyone enlighten me? cannot find on circuit diagram)
5. ? Unreadable
6. HAZARD UNIT (cannot see hazard unit on circuit diragram)
7. FLASHER UNIT

Ok, in 2005 they changed the solenoid system, anyone know starting from which serial number?

My date of purchase was 24 May 2007
Model DK40
Serial Number EC7300030

It had some hours on it on delivery. This was an 'upgrade' from my DK35 which had numerous issues and wheels too large. With this DK40, also problems with the 4WD, disintegrated twice... got nowhere with the dealer, service agent or distributor. Wrote to Kiota in SK, no reply. Most of the time this machine has been out of service. Next will have to go to law.

I am starting to suspect they done a dirty deal on me.

Service Agent cannot supply any workshop manual or circuit ciagram.

Last edited: