Dk45 low transmission power

/ Dk45 low transmission power #22  
   / Dk45 low transmission power #23  
Why not try something real easy and cheap first. My ck 20 had a similar problem. I noticed the fuel filter would pucker in hour glass shaped when under hard power. The tractor would bog down big time. Changed the filter which only had 25 hours on it. No more problem.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #24  
Why not try something real easy and cheap first. My ck 20 had a similar problem. I noticed the fuel filter would pucker in hour glass shaped when under hard power. The tractor would bog down big time. Changed the filter which only had 25 hours on it. No more problem.

I think that may be the solution... just took me a while to get there! :)....

Coyote... I was just trying to get clarification... somedays I am clear - some days not! :)

/ Dk45 low transmission power #25  
Is it a hydrostatic or shuttle transmission?

/ Dk45 low transmission power
Well... Had the dealer come out today. The clutch needed adjustment . He had to adjust it about an inch. He couldn't understand how it got that far out of line. Everything works great now. Thanks for All your suggestions.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #27  
You people with gear drive tractors need to pay attention to your service points in your operators manuals. A clutch adjustment is normal maintenance.
I have a DK55cab in my shop right now with only 700hrs on it and the clutch is toast.
Please adjust your clutch as needed or as recommended.
If you don't understand how to do it, hire someone, it will save you a very heafty bill.
A properly adjusted clutch should yeild several thousand hours not several hundred hours.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #28  
You people with gear drive tractors need to pay attention to your service points in your operators manuals. A clutch adjustment is normal maintenance.
I have a DK55cab in my shop right now with only 700hrs on it and the clutch is toast.
If you don't understand how to do it, hire someone, it will save you a very heafty bill.
A properly adjusted clutch should yeild several thousand hours not several hundred hours.
True.
But unless you are riding or sliping the clutch they should rarely need adjusting.
I have over 1600 hours on my DK and the clutch has never been adjusted. And I still have plenty of freeplay in the peddle. About the same as when the tractor was new.

/ Dk45 low transmission power #29  

Here's a thought: you dealers who sell clutch tractors to people who don't know how to use a clutch should be trading them up to a hydrostat! :D:confused2:

/ Dk45 low transmission power #30  
Here's a thought: you dealers who sell clutch tractors to people who don't know how to use a clutch should be trading them up to a hydrostat! :D:confused2:

And then we just have more posts from people who don't know how to use a hydrostat !:laughing: