Do 'animal scarers' on cars work?

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #11  
If a blowing horn and flashing lights don't scare a deer off the highway, I don't know how one of those little whistles would do it.

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #12  
not sure about other brands but this worked for my dodge.

Hit your garage door with the side mirror, call dodge to find out its $500 to replace, dont replace it. If you break it just right, the plastic makes a very load whistle above 30km. ;)

Anyone selling garage door whistles pm me.:D

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work?
If a blowing horn and flashing lights don't scare a deer off the highway, I don't know how one of those little whistles would do it.

A theory over here is that they don't scare kangaroos off, they just make them freeze and listen. And thats a better situation than having them fly out of the bush at 30mph.

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #15  
About a year ago on the highway I saw a deer that had been vaporized by a semi. It destroyed the fiberglass front end of the semi. If the deer can't hear a semi coming a little whistle on the bumper wouldn't be much comfort.

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #16  
When Dodge first changed their pickup body style (early 90's or late 80's?), I thought the front end on them looked like a big truck, looked so strong it should be bullet proof, etc. And then about 5:20 a.m. on a Sunday morning, May 28, 1995, I hit a mule deer on I-84 in the Ogden, UT, area and found it wasn't bullet proof after all. That's the only deer I ever hit and I was driving my brother's bosses year old 4WD RAM1500, pulling my little 5' x 10' trailer. We pulled the radiator forward, pinched off two tubes in the radiator with needle nosed pliers, which stopped the leak, and drove on to Ellensburg, WA, and back to Denton, TX. Everything worked, lights, turn signalas, even the air-conditioner with a badly bent condensor. And one of the oddest things was that no paint and body work was required; just a matter of unbolting and removing everything in front of he radiator and bolting the new parts in place.:D So I guess I've been luckier than many of you.

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #17  
I imagine most of you heard about the "little old lady" that called the highway department and asked them to move the "DEER CROSSING" sign to another location because several deer have been hit at the present crossing location:D.

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #18  
The biggest problem with those whistles is people put them on backwards and then they call the deer to the car! ;)
My neighbor has a 1930 Model A Ford, He was in his back yard about 500 feet away. He blew the Ahooga (sp?) Horn and my cat came about 4' off the ground! I wondered about the sound of those horns and their purpose. Could it be that we have forgotten what worked for chasing animals?

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #19  
them garage doors are QUUUUUICK! especially when your backing out.

When does Garage door season open and close?:D

Sorry just could not resist!!!

/ Do 'animal scarers' on cars work? #20  
I imagine most of you heard about the "little old lady" that called the highway department and asked them to move the "DEER CROSSING" sign to another location because several deer have been hit at the present crossing location:D.

Man- now I understand..
I need to get that sign down the street moved-- That should help...

I can just imagine some of my neighbors believing this one..

J