Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes?

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #11  
It's hard to be more convenient than having it all in ONE joy stick and that's how mine is...

ALL loader/joy stick control, is in my hand at my finger tips, I don't even have to take my hand off the joy stick to operate either one...

That's just about perfect for precisely loading logs where I want them and other jobs I do with my grapple almost daily...

SR

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #12  
It's hard to be more convenient than having it all in ONE joy stick and that's how mine is...

ALL loader/joy stick control, is in my hand at my finger tips, I don't even have to take my hand off the joy stick to operate either one...

That's just about perfect for precisely loading logs where I want them and other jobs I do with my grapple almost daily...

SR

No doubt, that is the most convenient, and in your case of needing the tractor/grapple for everyday use is likely the best choice for you. However for some of use that use the grapple every few days or even weeks, and are concerned about costs, the rear remote can be quite convenient and useful. Provided it comes to hand easily. If it was down by my side or some such as many tractors are it would be a real PITA and I would have sprung for all the extra cost of an electric/hydraulic valve and joystick button, and a 3rd function tap in. But my total cost was about 150 for hoses and couplers, and a few dollars for that joystick extension I made up. End result for ME, this is working great. Might not be great for everyone.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #13  
I couldn't decide between diverter and true 3rd function by the time the grapple arrived so I connected it to a spare remote. It's on the fender close to the loader joystick but not quite close enough to operate with my hand still on the loader control. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. If I was using the factory remotes whose levers are down below the seat I'd probably hate it and have switched to something better already.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #14  
It should be illegal its so painfully slow

Really ? Mine works fast enough to slam the grapple open if necessary... It is also nice to put the valve in float after closing for easy 0 pressure line disconnection

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes?
I just don't want to add another grand to the purchase at the moment. The grapple I currently own is sized for the lil BX 23s so I won't use this much on the big tractor, but still want to use it if I need it, so using the rear remotes makes sense for me.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #16  
I thought I'd be putting the grapple on for specific work but it's so useful that I leave it on all the time and only swap to bucket or forks when I have a specific need.

You can put together a diverter or 3rd function system yourself for a lot less than $1k. There's kits that cost about half that and you can find the components yourself for less.

I thought I'd be putting the grapple on for specific work but it's so useful that I leave it on all the time and only swap to bucket or forks when I have a specific need.

You can put together a diverter or 3rd function system yourself for a lot less than $1k. There's kits that cost about half that and you can find the components yourself for less.

Oh, cool. I need to look into that.

And I know what you mean, my grapple stays on the BX 100% of the time.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #18  
Used my L5740 for 3 years that way but when I traded for a L6060 I went with third function. I had also added a front blade to my equipment and it was a lot handier. Would never have added the expense of the third function if I didn't have a lot of use. Grapple was okay but plowing snow I am frequently tweaking blade angle.

/ Do Any of You All Run Grapples From Rear Remotes? #19  
Used my L5740 for 3 years that way but when I traded for a L6060 I went with third function. I had also added a front blade to my equipment and it was a lot handier. Would never have added the expense of the third function if I didn't have a lot of use. Grapple was okay but plowing snow I am frequently tweaking blade angle.

I don't think anyone would disagree that a good 3rd function installation with controls on the joystick is the ultimate in convenience and likely a must for a high volume user, but for those of us that happen to have a conveniently located SCV remote control or we can make it more convenient, and have less intense usage needs, the practice of using a rear remote is a good low cost compromise. $150 got my grapple up and running and it works perfectly for my usage.

was there a reason you traded the 5740 in for the 6060?